Spore?

2»

Comments

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    I just got to space stage and I am getting bored, your empire isn't to self reliant....it stinks.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    I'm set to go tribal. I spend last night befriending everyone and collecting all the sweet stuff an Omnivore can get.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    I am almost to the Space Stage on Dinotopia with my race of intelligent T-Rex's. I am enjoying the creator alot. I created Tanklyosaurus and am working on my Terrordactyl aircraft now. I am looking forward to roaming space with my T-Rex's.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    I just got to the space stage. So far I give the game a big "meh" but I do love my walking shark with moose antlers. We'll see if the space stage changes my thoughts on the game.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Just got to the tribal stage last night. The cell and creature stages have both been incredibly fun and I'm hoping the rest will be atleast half as fun.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    I just found how to share creations. Anybody want to start a buddies list? Mine is Lord_Canti58
    edited September 2008
    Mine is CrazyJoe0813.
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    I cant wait to play it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
    edited September 2008
    It is a damn good game, I'm in space stage now and I'm just trying to build up enough allies to get more ships and weapons then im gonna be a warmonger!!
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    The lack of an auto save has killed my interest in this game. I have lost an entire planets existence to the lack of an auto save and a buggy game that crashes.

I basically have a $50 rental of some animal, building, and vehicle builders now.
    edited September 2008
    Zanthian wrote:
    The lack of an auto save has killed my interest in this game. I have lost an entire planets existence to the lack of an auto save and a buggy game that crashes.

While an autosave would defintely be nice I have not seen any of the bugs and crashes that you mention. I'm sorry these issues have caused your dismal view of this game.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    I lost my entire tribal phase to a crash, but it worked out in my favor when my star system got pwned and I was able to bail without saving.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    The game has a horrible save interface anyway. You get 1 save per planet! No seperate saves are allowed. No autosave. No way to check when your last save was done. I really expected more.
    edited September 2008
    Zanthian wrote:
    The game has a horrible save interface anyway. You get 1 save per planet! No seperate saves are allowed. No autosave. No way to check when your last save was done. I really expected more.

1 save per planet? Never noticed that, just assumed you could save as long as u were in the star system at least.. Guess I don't save enough!!
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    I have had 3 different crashes usually after an hour of play its FUN!!
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Zanthian wrote:

That's pretty lame. Puts concept above gameplay.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    I've experienced a few crashes in the space phase and they usually happen when you're taking over a planet with either a bunch of allies in your posse, or an ally "bribed" to attack a planet.

...They release a patch today that makes space alot less strainuous when looking for your colonys.

Oh, and a word of advice, dont war the grox unless you're ready to take over 100+ systems BEFORE you reach the center of the universe...*sighs*

<embed width="384" height="206" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" src="http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263169265&amp;username=MrTRiot&amp;host=http://www.spore.com/view/user-thumbnail&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer&quot; scale="showall" name="latest-creatures" /></embed>

Feel free to add me as a buddy if you so choose :rockon:
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    The only crash I've had so far is in the space stage. Happens when leaving my home planet. I did some searching and found that all those little decorations in your cities are randomly generated continuously. So when there get to be too many of them and you leave the planet the game tries to save details about the planet and can't handle the overload. So far the solution is to remove the decorations, leave the planet, return to the planet, remove decorations. (They stack on top of each other so when one layer is removed the next pops up when the planet reloads.) Repeat this like 4 times. I would expect a patch before too long but then I remember EA hates games and their customers. Aside from that and my planet being attacked almost constantly I love it.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    "EA Games: Challenged at Everything"
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    "EA Games: Challenged at Everything"
    EA Sports: It's in the game....you bought last year
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Black Hawk wrote:
    EA Sports: It's in the game....you bought last year

Very nice!
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    I reached space in about 7 hours.... lame
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    This game is great. My bro and I just made it to the civilization stage. Being a predator is really hard compared to an omnivore.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    The tip to win the civilization stage:

Get another city ASAP and start raking in the money with it. Make HUGE DOLLARS. Make sure it's an artsy, happy, economic city. Then let your original city get overrun (you did make that an economic city too, right?). Buy your old city back with the funds of your new city! Continue to produce gobs of money. Then, buy another city and make that a war capital. As soon as possible, have that turn out naval vessels, as they have a ridiculous range and can annihilate most coastal cities. Continue to buy out everyone susceptible to you, and demolish the rest. Eventually you'll make so much money you can just buy out the world with the click of a button. You'll be into the space phase in about two hours.
  • edited April 2009
    I once had this bug on the space stage where whenever i died it did the video but the tower thing was like in the air. I reappear nowhere and the game just freezes.

Great game though
    edited April 2009
    You still play it? I think I got rid of the game shortly after reaching the space stage. It was a great game but got pretty repetitive after that.