front USB hubs don't work

edited September 2008 in Hardware
Hi

I don't know what i did to my computer, but after i formatted it, the front USB hubs stopped working. Now everytime I put a USB in there, my computer freezes. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

Comments

• bullzisniprbullzisnipr Topeka, KS
    edited September 2008
    Find USB drivers for your computer, if those are unavailable reinstall your chipset drivers, that should solve the issue.
  • edited September 2008
    Hi

Sorry i took so long to respond. I tried what you told me but when i put the driver installation cd that came with my mobo, it said the following:

The USB 2.0 Drivers Were Provided By Microsoft Only.<o:p></o:p>
    Please setup Windows XP SP1 or later version to install USB2.0 Drivers.
    You can link the following path to download Windows XP SP1 or later version.
    <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o:p></o:p>
    http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/sp1/default.asp
    Make sure that you already setup Windows XP SP1 or later version finish and restart your computer.
    Then press the USB2.0 button again, it will help you to finish installation of USB2.0 Drivers.
    Note: <o:p></o:p>
    You must setup Windows XP SP1 or later version first.<o:p></o:p>
    Because the USB2.0 Drivers were provided by Microsoft only.

I have Windows XP Sp2 installed already so it should work.

Thanks
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Have you updated the chipset driver for your computer? These contain newer USB drivers.
  • edited September 2008
    Thrax: I just updated my chipset driver using MSI live monitor. It found 3 updates for drives, and 1 update for bios. I downloaded and installed the 3 updates that it had for my drivers, but after I restarted my computer, the usb hubs still didn't work. I ran MSI Live Monitor again, and it said that there are still 3 updates for my drivers and 1 for my bios. The updates didn't work, and neither does my usb ports
  • edited September 2008
    Just in case your wondering, my Motherboard model is:

MSI 865G NEO2- S/LS
  • edited September 2008
    Please Help. It is getting annoying having to move the computer to access the back USB hubs.

Thanks