Set up an internet Quake 3 server

test_tube_tonytest_tube_tony Dallas TX Member
edited December 2003 in Gaming
I've been trying to get a server up to play against a buddy of mine, but I can’t seem to figure it out. The software runs and everything, but he can’t connect, or even see me for that matter. I use ICS on my server, which I’m figuring I have to configure port forwarding or something to make it work, but I’m sot 100% sure on how to do this, or what settings to use. I use the latest version of Quake 3 Arena.

Comments

• GobblesGobbles Ventura California
    edited December 2003
    29960 tcp and udp both directions

Gobbles
  • test_tube_tonytest_tube_tony Dallas TX Member
    edited December 2003
    Are u sure thats the port I should use? I just tried it and it said 27950 in the console log for the dedicated server. Earlier it was 27960.
    edited December 2003
    Crap. I just tried to set up the forfarding, and about 5 minutes after I hit the ok button, my computer could no longer access the internet. whats up with that? I must be doin somethin wrong.
  • GobblesGobbles Ventura California
    edited December 2003
    its 27960... Im thinking of wolfenstien.. you want q3.

Im not sure it will work with ICS.. have you tried doing it direct with out ICS? give that a go... see if you still have issues..

Gobbles
    edited December 2003
    Well, I tried to put it on my server, but I got the error, "could not load OpenGL subsystem" It has a Monster Fusion card in it. Thats probably why. i dont want to plug it direct into my main system because the server is a DNS/mail/web/soon-to-be hotline server. Can a dedicated server be run from the comand prompt?