Anyone with a kt7 motherboard?

WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
edited June 2003 in Hardware
Hey...i NEED the winbound hardware monitor that came with the abit kt7 series...if u have a kt7a, kt7a-raid, or a kt7...PLZ tell me if u have the installation diskette... I trydling new winbound hardware monitors...but it doesn thelp out at all...

Comments

• T-BirDT-BirD Montgomery, AL
    edited June 2003
    Put in my KT7 RAID cd, but it only has the VIA Hardware monitor - is that what you mean?
  • jonojono Manchester, UK
    edited June 2003
  • karatekidkaratekid Ogdensburg, NY
    edited June 2003
    Have you looked at Motherboard Monitor's site? They say the KT7 uses a VIA686A sensor chip.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2003
    ...has the Via686b chip.

I vastly prefer MBM5, which has worked fine for me on my KT7A-Raid.

My original CD which came with the board only has the Via Hardware Monitor (which gave me an error right off the bat when I tried to begin installing it in XPpro).

MBM5 detected my chip automatically, so setup shouldn't be too difficult. My only gripe with the program is that I wish there was a way to set ALL the monitors to digital readout (as opposed to VUM readout) with one click. Doing them individually is a pain, but at least it's a one-time-only problem.

Prof
  • ReignReign New York
    edited June 2003
    T-BirD said
    Put in my KT7 RAID cd, but it only has the VIA Hardware monitor - is that what you mean?

That might be it. Was it under utilities or freeware?
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    thanks for the link...it worked...it seems that abit changed the way their site looked...and when i tried to find the hardware monitor...it was nowhere tobe found
    and i was mistaken...it WAS via hardware...NOT winbound
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    hey WuGgaroo ...since you've installed that monitor can you still uninstall (add/remove) software? just curious.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    uninstall what? VIA hardware monitor