Net Frameworks Won't Install; Some Programs refusing to install

Randal-ThorRandal-Thor Australia
edited September 2008 in Hardware
Hey guys. I'm hoping someone can help me out here; I'm out of ideas.

Recently I attemped to install the full component of Registry Booster 2. The Registry component installed perfectly; the PC Maintenance component wouldn't. It claimed my computer had an old version of the Net Framework. So I hopped onto the Microsoft Website and downloaded the latest Frameworks. None of them would install. Either I was missing older files they said, or it just reported a setup error. Below is a list of the Frameworks I have currently installed:

Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB947742)
Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366)
Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2
Microsoft.NET Framework 3.0
Microsoft.NET Framework Hotfix(KB932471)
Microsoft.NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2
Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 Hotfix (KB953595)

I tried to install the Service Pack 1 for 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0 but they all failed with "Setup Error". I also updated the Windows Installation Service but this didn't improve the above installation errors.

To top all of these errors off, I also have a Java error. I went on their website and downloaded the latest JRE update and the SDK update. I successfully installed the JRE 6 Update 10. The SDK 6 Update 10 failed to install and reported the error:

"This installation package is not supported by this processor type. Contact your product vendor".

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Download and run all the fixes within the Dial-a-Fix program. You'll need your Windows CD.
  • Randal-ThorRandal-Thor Australia
    edited September 2008
    Hey,

Thanks for your reply. The only problem is, when I bought my ACER computer at the start of this year, I wasn't sent a Windows XP disk. And all of the ones we have at home of Windows XP Prrofessional tell me my version is newer.

Any other ideas?