Anime and Movie Topics in Digital Media

DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
edited December 2003 in Internet & Media
Folks, as you may have noticed, I have recently volunteered to be the Moderator of the Digital Media forum.

Since taking the task on, I have been talking with the site owners and other moderating staff about this forum, it's purpose, and it's direction as desired by the ownership and staff. You may have noticed a new, more definitive description of the forum on the main forums' page.

What you won't see in that description is "discussion of anime, TV shows and movies / movie trailers."

The ownership and staff are working towards establishing Short Media as a strong technical site, to be well regarded by the technical enthusiast community at large, and also to be attractive to the technical companies that may advertise, give us access to products to evaluate, and so on. However, recognizing that the user base has a sense of community, they have provided the Pub as a home for non-technical conversation of all kinds, so people can share their enthusiasm for all kinds of things from babes, funny picture, auto's and more.

The feeling amongst staff and ownership is that general discussion of anime series, or random posting of links to movie trailers, etc, is not technical, so should not be in the Digital Media forum. I know, I know...the DM forum is listed under the "non-technical" category....but that's just because it doesn't fit under Hardware or Software, because it can be both. It sort of transcends both categories, and ended up in Non-Tech as a result. We are discussing ways to change that.

I know there are are a couple of you here who are anime enthusiasts, and we are not trying to shut you down. I am going to ask that all *general* conversation about anime, movies, TV shows, etc, take place in the pub. If you are making your own anime on your computer, and want to ask technical advice on how to achieve an effect, etc, then DM is the place for it. But like it says on the SM homepage: "Keep it tech." Comparing likes, dislikes, looking for viewing suggestions, etc, should take place in the pub from now on.

To that end, I am going to close all general anime/movie/tv topics here. If you had an unfinished conversation, feel free to start a new thread in the pub. :)

Dexter...
This discussion has been closed.