Microphone won't pick up my voice

Revolution_SoupRevolution_Soup Lost...
edited September 2008 in Hardware
This isn't exactly an emergency, but the topic of this post doesn't really fit any of the other hardware categories.

My microphone picks up my voice, but only if I am practically screaming into it. When I use voice chat on FPS games such as Team Fortress 2 everyone complains that they can't hear me. I have the mic input volume set to max. I have tried different microphones, the most recent of which I purchased from NewEgg. This leads me to believe that it is an issue with my computer. Any tips or pointers to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited September 2008
    First of all make sure you've got it plugged into the right spots.

Secondly there are two places for input volume controls. The first place is when you double click on your speaker icon and you have the mic and line-in volume controls, your mic may also have an advanced setting with a mic boost option.

But from that screen go into properties and change it from playback to record and make sure your mic there is setup correctly.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, you made need to boost your gain, also make sure your settings in TF2 are all straight. You can use the test function within the game to check that out.
  • Revolution_SoupRevolution_Soup Lost...
    edited September 2008
    My microphone is plugged into the correct jack. I cannot find an option to boost my gain. Any other ideas? :sad2: