Trojans infected comp; going slow; weird things happening

Randal-ThorRandal-Thor Australia
edited September 2008 in Hardware
Ok. About a week ago I posted a thread relating to the below link:

http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73902

But now the situation is getting worse. I have noticed that my computer has begun to use up more memory at times, when nothing is open. I also have noticed that it is running slower and that everytime I close iTunes, it reopens straight away, even when I shut down it opens. I don't get it.

I installed Trojan Hunter 5 and Trojan Remover to search for trojans. Trojan Hunter 5 discovered 4 hiding in my files; 2 were in the System Volumes and 2 were in my program files. I also downloaded UBCD4WIN but was forced to remove it as Trojan Remover found 6 trojans hiding. I restarted my computer after these errors, and ran it in Safe Mode. I ran Trojan Remover and it found the all the above trojans except for the 2 in the Volume information. It wiped out the others and when I rebooted, couldn't find them again. But I am worried because I didn't delete the 2 trojans in my System Volume information and now they have disappeared. Also, I had a lot of trouble emptying my recycle bin. It refused to empty, claiming files were in use. I ended up using Tuneup Utilities File Shredder to clean out the recycle bin. I noticed yesterday as well that as the trojan scanner was scanning my files, it scanned a thing called dealio. I looked that up on the net and found that I didn't know what it was and that I had never installed it. Problem is, I can't find it in my files. I am also concerned about my earlier malware problems discussed in the thread:
http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73902

I understand you guys are busy but if you could please give me your help that would be great. I am very worried about the 2 trojans which have just disappeared.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Ask for continued assistance in your malware thread. They should be able to check for additional issues, and are the users best-equipped to resolve your current PC woes.