need help asap , installed something i shouldnt have.

edited September 2008 in Hardware
well basicly i was trying to play a game and needed a patch for it and this guy i trusted :shakehead, did trust n e way sent me a VERY small file that was in a notepad , at the time i didnt really think he would do this but i had noticed he had changed to a .exe. This is something infact to delete/format my pc when loaded. iv tried to delete it from my desktop and it saying it is in use. so i tried changing it to a .txt file to become harmless and but instead it will just make a copy, which the copy does change but the original wont and stays the same, this also happens when i try to change the name. So then i throught i should try uninstalling throught safe mode and that also failed and got the same message "the program is still in use":(.... i was thinking about using command prompt to get rid of it.. but i havnt a clue about the directory of it.. well honestly i need to get rid of this asap, because who knows... it would be so easy for someone just to click it to see what it is. Thanks for reading and hope you guys can help me, cause iv run outa ideas :D

Comments

• edited September 2008
    bump, still need help
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Boot from your XP disc and do a repair from the recovery console. If you are using XP, you'll type "cd \Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Desktop" (minus the quotes) at the command prompt. I can't remember at the moment whether the boot disc will recognize the spaces in a directory path or not. If it doesn't, try using the tab key when you've typed part of Documents. That should use a feature called auto-complete which will fill in the rest of the name for you.

If you're using Vista, change Documents and Settings to Users.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2008
  • edited September 2008
    thanks for help very usefull program that , i'll bookmark it and also this site:) thanks for help guys phew.:thumbup
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Welcome to Icrontic :)