Help needed with email form

edited October 2008 in Internet & Media
Hi all

Sorry my first post is asking for help but i am so stuck. I am building a websit for my business and i need a contact form where you can add an attachment. And then all of this information is emailed to me. The attachments will be word documents or pdfs. I need it to have boxes for the persons name, telephone number, email, message and to upload the attachment. I need the HTML and PHP code for this. My server is php enabled as is the email. I have tried loads of different codes form places and i just cant get them to work. I either can not see where to change my information ( eg the email to send the message and attachment to e.t.c ) or the attachment doesnt send or the something buggers up. I have looked online for hours, have read tutorials and have read through forums and nothing works. If anyone could help and post a simple to use code i would really appreciate it.

Kind Regards

Louise

Comments

• Eleventh-SunEleventh-Sun United States
    edited October 2008
    http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_forms.asp has a couple sample HTML codes you can look through. However, if you are new to web development or even basic programming, I wouldn't recommend diving right into HTML. If you have the commitment to learn and master the art of web development for your business, do everything from the ground up, starting in notepad and the likes(Pardon me if I'm wrong, but I'm running on the assumption that its a self owned business). If you want to save a bit of time, buy a nice web development program. A couple tens of dollars is nothing compared to the hours you would waste not actually running your business. And if you are computer illiterate like most people, it might just be a good idea to run down to your local small-time computer people, and hire some cheap labor (Its never cheap though) *edit: Sorry, that sounded rude. I meant to imply that computers are tough enough. I love working with computers myself, and I still think programming and web development are huge challenges if you haven't taken a class for them.