Simguy's resignation

MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
edited December 2003 in Community
He will be missed around here and we all wish him well.

Here is Simguy's tender of resignation and I thought I'd share it with all of you to answer any questions.

"After extensive thought and deliberation, I regret to inform you that effective immediately, I am stepping down as a member of the community, staff and folding team of Short-Media.com.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the last 6 months spent being an active participant with one of the most mature group of individuals I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with, however it is because of this active behaviour that I have ended up in the situation that I am currently faced with.

Good luck, god bless and have a safe Christmas season. I wish you all the best in the New Year.

Regards,

Adam "SimGuy" Hughes."

Comments

• panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited December 2003
    Thanks for the clarification, MM
  • Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited December 2003
    Nooooooo. Well, good luck in life and I hope you return. You were definetly an excellent asset to our graphics section and it's going to be tough not having you here to help.

-Nick
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Bad for S-M, good for Sim.

Good luck getting it sorted out, Sim!
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Adam, I hope you get to read this. Life is about finding balance and working towards goals. Sounds like you've had to batten down the hatches and get a few things done - good for you for recognizing this and taking strong action.

We're really gonna miss you around here. In fact, I'm hoping you can work it so we don't have to miss you around here. But only you can decide what's best for you and, brother, you go do it! Knock their socks off, kick ass and take names, sir. All the very best. Kent.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Adam,

I wish you well in the future and also have a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year. You will be missed in these parts. :(
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2003
    You'll be missed. Here's hoping you get everything straightened out. :wave::(
  • Mr_BojinglesMr_Bojingles Northern Michigan New
    edited December 2003
    That sucks :(

I don't know the story behind it, but whatever it is I hope it gets resolved.

Best of luck SimGuy for whatever life is throwing at you.
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited December 2003
    I'm really sorry to hear that Adam. But I understand your decision, and I can relate. I hope you'll return when things aren't as hectic for you. We're gonna miss you (And your CPU cycles!)

You still going to LPB Asylum?
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Adam, if you read this, know that you will be missed.

Here's to hoping you return! :cheers:
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    FFS!

One of the most knowledgeable guys i have ever met have left us.
    You will be missed allright, that's for sure. :(
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Don't be a stranger Adam ...we'll miss you! :fold:
  • edited December 2003
    That's bad news man, I personally can give a rat's butt about the WU's (we can collectively make it up) but I'm sad to see your knowledge gone from the site.
    That's something that is a loss we can't make up.
    I wish you luck on your journey through life and selfishly hope to see you come back after you've gotten where you need to go.
    You'll be sorely missed man.