some game trouble with new equipment

ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
edited December 2003 in Gaming
hey there, i recently upgraded my system and instead of formatting the hard drive i just installed winderz over top :)
anyhoo i was trying to play wolf ET last night and it froze my computer after maybe 10-15 minutes the first time then the other times it froze sooner and sooner down to about 1 minute, i havent tried installing ET over again it was late and im lazy, any 1 got any ideas, other than reinstall ET?

P4P800
P4 2.4C
512 Apacer DDR400

those are the new parts

Comments

• DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited December 2003
    I have the same specs and have never been able to play Wolf ET, even on my pre-upgrade P3 1Ghz. It would play for about a minute than freeze or drop out. I gave up long ago gettin that thing to work... This is the only game/demo I've had real problems with.

edit// Hertzagig? All fixed!
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited December 2003
    aww =(
    perphaps ill look into a bios update for it
    edited December 2003
    found this on the FAQ

First be sure that your system meets the minimum system requirements.. Make sure that you have the latest video and sound card drivers available for your hardware from the manufacturer's websites. Close down any other programs you may have running prior to running the game.

If ET locks up shortly after joining a server you can try the following solution:

Before joining a server press the Tilde " ~ " key to bring the console down, then type in the following: /pb_system 1
    edited December 2003
    Hey i figured out that u need the older drivers, but then i bought a radeon 9800 pro so.... :)
  • GobblesGobbles Ventura California
    edited December 2003
    I run ET on a duron 1 gig and 512 ram with no issues...
    I run a radeon 8500le with cat 3.10 (the latest ones)

My suggestion is a clean install of windows/drivers/and ET

ET should run beautifully on the 9800 with newer cat drivers. Et is about the most problem free game I have. It crashes every so often but its not the games fault, its my old POS dying hardware.

Gobbles.. and I play under the name: NAME on all ET servers...
  • GobblesGobbles Ventura California
    edited December 2003
    for Prime... memtest86.com

and the /PB_system 1 is turning punk buster either off or on.

Gobbles
    edited December 2003
    all ya need to do it go back to the Nvidia Detonators 45.23, those worked perfectly when i still had my ti4200 =)