A few pc problems.......

edited October 2008 in Hardware
Right here's my problem......

I've been starting up windows for the last couple of mornings and have received a BSOD. However the BSOD isn't instant. This morning I got to the XP user log-on page and typed in my password. Yesterday the same but a few other times its got to the logon page but i've not been able to type the password in. So I'm not sure if the problem is related and I just didn't leave the computer long enough to be affected by the problem.

However, when I restart the computer to "last known good configuration" everything seems to work fine.

I haven't recorded any of the stop codes until this morning and here's what it was:
0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xF6D5C40A, 0xF6CFF888, 0x00000000)

I dont know if this is any connection but i did instal and unistal someone hardware the other day (a usb wireless adapter). Now the driver I downloaded for that was named F5D6050z.

The final part of the problem stated it was caused by sysaudio.sys but for some reason it said "Adddress F6D5C40A base at F6D5C000". There wqas also the letters "48025beb".

Thats the background.......I've run the microsoft bedugging program that I downloaded from HERE in conjunction with with minidump files. Now for todays problem, as I said earlier, the problem was apparently sysaudio.sys but for 8th Oct (when the problems started) it was ntoskrnl.exe. However, I dont know how or where to install the symbol file to remove all the error messaged included in the analysis of the dump files. Also didn't know if it would make any difference.

Thats all I think I need to say at the moment but if you have any questions fire them my way & I'll try & answer them as to the origins of the problem.

But anyone that can provide any help it would be GREATLY received.

Cheers,

Chris

(incase you need to know I'm running a desktop with xp SP3, 1GB RAM, 250GB HDD and a dual core 3.6GHz intel processor)

Comments

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Had the BSOD happened before installing/uninstalling the driver? Either way, what else changed just prior to your BSOD problem?

I suspect a driver issue in your case.
  • edited October 2008
    mertesn wrote:
    Had the BSOD happened before installing/uninstalling the driver? Either way, what else changed just prior to your BSOD problem?

I'm not by the computer at the moment but as far as I can remember I installed/uninstalled the driver on the tuesday evening and the problem occured first on wednesday morning.

Should I try re-installing the driver and then see what happens or is there something more advanced I should try?