Thinking of selling laptop, Wondering about how much it is worth.

Hey, I have a Hp Pavillion Dv8000t and am going to get a new pc soon, and was wondering what I should do with it. I am thinking of selling it and using the money I get from the sale to go to a 17 inch macbook pro. If I cant sell it, I will use it for a media center pc :-P

Right now it has a
Intel Centrino Duo @2.16Ghz
2 gigs of ram
Nvidia Geforce GO 7600 (i think 512mb, says its integrated and has 1gig of approx total memory)
2x 120 gig hard drives (get 111 gigs of usable space)
Screen has 5 stripes on it, so it would probally have to be replaced, I saw on the internet screens going for about $200-500
Great condition, a small amount of light scratches on the top of the pc, but it is a 2 year old system...

I would also sell it with the power adapter, extra battery, Win XP backup cd's i purchased, Hp remote that goes in one of the card slots (probally needs a new battery, or i didnt load the drivers for the IR thingey when i upgraded to vista), And right before i sell it, I will install XP media center edition 2005 on it, using the restore cd's. and a extra cover that goes over the Hard Drive bay.

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    If the screen is buggered, it's not worth much at all. Most people aren't looking for projects and between a replacement screen's cost and the labor that goes into it, they could buy a better laptop for less in many instances.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    If the screen wasn't messed up, it might be worth $350. In this state, you might be able to give it away.