WoW Gamers @ Icrontic

Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
edited January 2009 in Gaming
Well since Prime has jumped in to give WoW a true try I wanted to see how many of us are still playing WoW or have gotten back into the game since the recent patch on Tuesday. I should also mention with the new exp coming I have noticed a ton more people playing again...

So the point of this thread is to see what our community has mustered up in regards to a WoW character and what server your playing on.

My Specs:

Dwarf: Prot Pally
Name: Ownhammer
Server: WildHammer

Comments

• Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    I dont play anymore, but i thought i would do my bro some justice and show em up here

Class: Resto/Boomkin Druid (whichever spec hes using this week)
    Name: Kaptar
    Server: Firetree
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Still not into wow BUT i am still playing Lineage II you got me started!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Class: Holy Paladin
    Name: Solann
    Server: Uldaman

Retiring when WoTLK is released because it's a crappy expansion.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Class: Hunter, Warrior, 'Lock
    Names: Tanthe, Rorieson, Santhe
    Servers: Medivh, Dragonblight

I am no longer playing though, mainly due to cost cutting messures; love the game, but I need to save money where I can.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    I kicked the habit. Taurin, Shaman.
    FOR THE HORD!
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Had to pipe in, even though I no longer play anymore:

Mordant
    70 Prot Warrior (and best tps producer evar)
    Uldaman
  • suitesugarsuitesugar florida
    edited October 2008
    My time runs out tomorrow and I'm not buying it again.....for a while? We'll see how long this lasts. Although I've been playing for about 3 years, the last two years or so(post BC) have been more of an occasional thing. Not sure how I managed that but, I did. It's about time I stop wasting that 15 bucks a month to let my characters rot in their 60s. *shrug*

Havalina
    65?-maybe Warlock
    Dragonblight

Meshelle <- totally gone to sh*t
    61 (lol) Rogue
    Dragonblight
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    It's always a good time to join WoW!

Since the 3.0.2 patch, my server has been up and down for a few days, but it'll get straightened out soon.

My 57 Human Paladin is leveling Inscription, so my 42 Human Mage is out gathering herbs.

And since my 42 Mage is going into good herb areas like Arathi and Wetlands, I brought my 70 Dwarf Hunter to those areas also to attack any horde who may gank my 42 Mage to get the herbs.

Herbs are suddenly in very high demand! And they will be for some time.

What kind of character is Prime starting with? Alliance, I hope!
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Horde for the win!

Strength in honor!
    edited October 2008
    Alliance? LOL.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Tim: For my 10 days in Azeroth I went with the Horde.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Just recently got back into WoW. Was out for almost a year but I've recently been rather bored. Decided to rebirth my 56 Gnome Mage on Laughing Skull as an Unded Mage on Blackdragon Flight.

Names: Nebelwerfer
    edited October 2008
    Well, I'm glad to see you're trying WoW, but coming into it now instead of 1-2 years ago, you've missed seeing things evolve. The Burning Crusade expansion, the release of patches 2.3.0, 2.4.0, and now you're starting at the 3.0.2 release.

October 13th was my 2 year anniversary of WoW gaming.

Go to YouTube and type in "Onyxia Animation". It's a funny flash video of a raid gone wrong. The terminology is a bit advanced for a WoW noob, but it'll give you ideas!

Also type in "Trippy Brew", "Grumm", and "The Herb Shop", which is a Monty Python sketch of "The Cheese Shop" remade for WoW. Those are more animated videos made by one guy with his Orc Warrior character.

I have 9 Alliance characters, but I do also have an 18 Undead Rogue, because I wanted to go into Horde cities and see places that couldn't be done with Alliance characters. Because of the release of Inscription, he went from having 55 gold to 115 gold overnight, just from Mining and Herbalism.

Used to be that I couldn't GIVE Silverleaf away, then I got 15 gold for each of 4 stacks of 20, and those were LOWER prices than anyone else had on auction house at the time!
    edited October 2008
    I'd like to know what sort of hardware / software is in a WoW realm server. I'll bet it's some pretty high end stuff!
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    I quit WoW for WAR

Agamemmnon
    NE Rogue
    Uldaman
    edited October 2008
    Tim, at this ultra-enterprise level a "server" is a misnomer - each realm is probably a cluster.
    edited October 2008
    They are. As far as people can tell, they maintain two server farms in two separate locations. The second one came online in early 2007, receiving a handful of low population servers. Several more have been migrated to the second site since then. AT&T provides all the bandwidth to the two sites. :)
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    I still play, Im thinking about getting the CE version of WOTLK >.<

Harudath

Malthelik
  • edited October 2008
    Level 70 Holy Undead Priest
    Level 70 Orc Warlock
    Level 'soon to be' 70 (68) Blood Elf

Don't get to raid much these days with my priest which is why I've managed to level 2 additional toons by doing quests for an hour each night.

Been playing for almost 3 years... never gamed until my son told me to create a character in the hopes that I'd understand why he "needed just a bit longer to finish this quest and not leave his group hanging."

His level 70 undead warrior is also on my account now but I never play it... he's moved onto playing on/creating private servers.

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    I quit WoW for WAR

Agamemmnon
    NE Rogue
    Uldaman

WAR?
    edited October 2008
    Warhammer: Age of Reckoning.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Class: Human
    Name: David - lvl 22
    Server: California
    edited October 2008
    One thing that will help your speed in finishing quests is one of the WoW quest lookup lists like this one that I use:

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/qzone.html?x

When you get a quest, go there, enter the zone you got the quest in, type in its name, and you can find easy tips, and most importantly, the coordinates for where to go in the zone to get it done fast. So instead of wasting time running all over looking for something, you can go straight to where you need to go and get it done FAST.

A coords mod like Titan Bar will show you where you are in each zone. If a quest in the list says the people you need are at location 30,30 , then that's your X and Y coords - 30% in from the left edge of your screen, 30% down from the top.

And some quests can be done alongside others while you're in an area to do some other quests. That happens a lot.

Probably the worst area in the game for quests that I've seen is Duskwood. The town of Darkshire is at the eastern edge of the zone, and a lot of the quests will have you running back and forth across the zone to the cemetery in the upper western area, and you can't get one quest until you finish the previous one, so you're going back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth!

My little trick is that when I'm in Darkshire and I get a quest that'll take me to the western edge of the zone, I hop on a gryphon and fly to Sentinel Hill in Westfall, and run in from there. It's a lot faster to do that than to run back and forth across the zone. When I leveled my 35 Human Rogue through Darkshire quests I think I only ran across the zone 2-3 times total.

Once you get your mount at level 30 things will improve.

And for making money early in the game, go with Mining. Now that Inscription has come out, Herbalism is also in high demand.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    70 gnome warrior Streganona, i dont remember what server. i dont play anymore.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Well if any allies want to join up with my guild we are kicking off the Lich-King launch here pretty soon.
  • ThrallThrall steinbach MB Canada
    edited October 2008
    i play some and i don't plan on quiting any time soon.

Lvl:63
    Ret pally
    Alliance
    Realm:Illidan
    edited October 2008
    Alliance ret pally called Thrall? That won't go down so well :tongue:
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, even I know that much :p
    edited October 2008
    Hell, normal ret pallies don't go down well :tongue:
    edited October 2008
    Except for now, when they're approaching 3000 DPS on Brutallus.