Getting dual monitors working right?

TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
edited October 2008 in Hardware
I've got a Radeon X850 Pro 256 MB video card in my NF-7 computer system now, and it wqorks good on my Samsung Syncmaster 204B 20" LCD monitor.

Today I picked up a Dell E156FPf 15" LCD monitor. I'm going to use it as a monitor for another computer system, or as a dual monitor on my NF-7 computer.

I have my 204B plugged into the X850's DVI port, and the 15" Dell LCD in the X850's VGA port.

After messing around with the video settings a bit, I got the second monitor working, but it's not how I want it to be.

My 204B has the normal desktop arrangement, goes to websites, etc. But the Dell 15" only shows the desktop background picture. I can mouse off one monitor and onto the other, but when I click on Intermet Explorer it only comes up on my 204B.

I tried making a second IE icon and dragging it up to the 15" monitor, but even when I click on it on that small monitor, IE opens up on the 204B.

I looked through Control Panel and the ATI Catalyst screens for how to set up these 2 monitors to work seperately, but couldn't find anything that worked.

Am I missing a hidden trick somewhere?

Comments

• TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    For anything that you want to open on the 2nd monitor: open the program, restore it (de-maximize it), move it to the other monitor, maximize and restore it again on that monitor, and then close it. When you launch it again it should launch on that monitor. Should work.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Yes, that got it to work right. Thanks! :thumbsup: