Windows XP will not load! Please Help

edited October 2008 in Hardware
When I turn on my computer I get this message:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows
Normally.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)
Start Windows Normally

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice.

Seconds until Windows starts: 30

No matter what option I pick it just reboots to the same message. I have not even made any hardware or software changes, can someone please help. I want to mention that I dont have the windows xp cd. I would really appreciate any feedback, thank you.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    I must regretfully inform that, without a functioning Windows XP CD, there are few to no ways to get your current installation of Windows working. The best you can hope for is to back up the information contained on that hard drive with a IDE/SATA to USB adapter connected to a second PC.

If you can get your hands on a copy of Windows XP, we will be publishing an article in the next 48 hours on how to archive your data, reinstall Windows, and get the computer up and running from scratch.
  • edited October 2008
    Thrax wrote:
    I must regretfully inform that, without a functioning Windows XP CD, there are few to no ways to get your current installation of Windows working. The best you can hope for is to back up the information contained on that hard drive with a IDE/SATA to USB adapter connected to a second PC.

If you can get your hands on a copy of Windows XP, we will be publishing an article in the next 48 hours on how to archive your data, reinstall Windows, and get the computer up and running from scratch.

I kind of figured so much, thank you for your feedback though. Thanks