.DMG -> ISO/.??? On a PC?

ThraxThrax 🐌Austin, TX Icrontian
edited July 2005 in Internet & Media
I have two .DMG files, which are Mac disk image files sitting here on my PC.

Is there any way I can convert these to .ISO or some other PC-capable image formats without introducing a Mac into the equation?

Comments

• panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited December 2003
    Yes, there is a way

Apparently involves just changing the extension from .dmg to .iso and continue as normal.

Looks like there are a couple of pitfalls though.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    That introduces a mac into the equation.
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited December 2003
    As that thread says, if changing .dmg to .iso does not work, you might be SOL. "a bootable cd master should be in ISO format and burnable on any platform"

I found this with a quick Google, you might find more info searching a bit more.
  • mondimondi Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    I never really found a way ... i have a mac though (oh the shame :) ) ... so if you run out of options let me know ...
    edited December 2003
    NEVAR. ;D
  • mondimondi Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    yeah ... (insert random excuse for owning a mac) ... in actual fact ... i got a deal i couldnt refuse but anyway ...

there is no way, submit or die

mondi has spoken ...

:D
    edited December 2003
    The only deal on a Mac I can't refuse is being paid any amount of money toss it over the edge of something very tall.
  • mondimondi Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    In that case, I accept. I will give you 1$ ... thats "one dolllar" to chuck my powerbook over the edge of the enormous tower of hard drives that you blow out trying to convert that file without a Mac.

But in all honesty, I'm sure our little Thraxy will find a way.
    Right?

Huh?
    :D
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Thrax,

How big is the image?
  • mclarenowner4mclarenowner4 In a self-storage box.
    edited January 2005
    ;D I have found a way for anyone to burn DMG images to cd for usage on a mac! Just download the free trial evaluation for 30 days of Transmac! You can burn DMG images on CD. I used it to burn a few images and It worked excellent!

Excellente muchachos!
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited January 2005
    He doesnt have a Mac and doesnt want a Mac. He wants to do this on a real IBM compatible PC. He didnt ask how to do it on a Mac. Its probably no problem that way.
  • mclarenowner4mclarenowner4 In a self-storage box.
    edited February 2005
    This isn't done on a mac! Why don't you people ever search stuff out? You can download the transmac and use it on a pc to burn the dmg images. Search stuff out before biting other's heads off.
    edited February 2005
    Doesn't matter. This post is over 14 months out of date.
  • Ghaleon4Ghaleon4 South Oklahoma
    edited February 2005
    ROFLMAO...does it matter?
    Ask, and you shall recieve...but it says nothing about how long ya hafta wait, lol...
  • edited March 2005
    how do u burn dmg file with transmac??
  • edited March 2005
    don't worry i got it i didn;t look hard enough before :D
  • edited July 2005
    I use UltraISO to convert .dmg to .iso. The software is a CD burner, so you can use it for transferring image files to a CD or just browsing content of the image file (.dmg).