Blue scren with red inverted exclaimation marks

edited October 2008 in Hardware
I'm having a problem with my RAID5 set up all I get when I boot up is a blue screen with what look like red inverted exclaimation marks . One of the dics failed recently from overheating ( due to my lack of maintenance ,letting the HDDfan filter get blocked ) but all three passed seatools short and long tests OK . Has anyone seen this before and know how to fix it ?

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Have you rebuilt the array since replacing the disk?
  • edited October 2008
    Hi Thrax,I haven't replaced the disk as they all test fine
    edited October 2008
    Let me rephrase; have you tried rebuilding your array from parity?
  • edited October 2008
    When I try to boot al I get is this screen and nothing will respond
    edited October 2008
    So this occurs before you can even enter the BIOS for the PC?
  • edited October 2008
    Yes I switch on and this is all that happens unless I put in my windows disk and I can boot from that
  • edited October 2008
    Sorry Thhrax I took it to a local expert today and he told me this was all he could get on it angd I took his word for it . I tried to get into the BIOS and found it sawn't configured for RAID . This got past the blue/red screen thing . Now when I try to boot I get windows matrix storage manager screen saying all 3 disks are fine but the RAID volume will be repaired within the OS. If I try yo get ti to perform option 1. create Raid volume it tells me there is not enough space. If I leave it I get the windows startup options page and whenever I press enter it locks up and the only thing I can do is switch off at the power button. The same happens if I insert my windows disk and try to repair the installation, once it enters the repair utility it freezes .I know I could format all the disks and start again but I do have some data on them that would cause me a lot of work if I loose it .