Diablo III

one234hone234h Downingtown, PA [USA]
edited October 2008 in Gaming
I watched the 20 minute cut of real-time gameplay, then went to the official site.
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/
So if you have watched a good portion:

Now, am I the only one who thinks that the "light radius" in the previous games enhanced the dramatic effect?

Also, I didn't notice the barbarian's health drop much at all except for the major bosses. Maybe I just sucked at Barbarian, but my health was always up and down. It just felt like "you're supposed to win".

Am I wrong?

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    That barb is probably carrying a significant quantity of leech/lifesteal equipment for the purposes of the video.

You can be more or less invulnerable in Diablo II as well. My zealdin hasn't been able to die on any difficulty, in any level or on any boss since level 82.
  • one234hone234h Downingtown, PA [USA]
    edited October 2008
    that's true.
    Moreover one should consider who was behind the controls. The person playing might have CODED those monsters. :bigggrin:

One other thing that bothered me is that even in enclosed maps like a "Dark Cave" there was more than one way to go and multiple dead-ends and the 20 minutes of DIII i saw, they just followed the path. meh.

I say all this now but i will probably buy the game and freak out because its so cool and post that too.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    I wouldn't be surprised if they were demonstrating an incomplete level, or a very linear part of the game for story purposes. I'm thinking of Mount Arreat as an analogy.