Laptop HD Not seen

pchobbyistpchobbyist Springfield,ma
edited October 2008 in Hardware
OK I went thru whole storage section and found 1 maybe 2 questions about this.
Mine says no bootmgr. Tried bypassing w/windows setup. Then came up with no disk found. ???????
Fujitsu hd 80 gb. Brandy new. Any ideas. Oh so I go into bios and it let me do diagnostic test.

Comments

• pchobbyistpchobbyist Springfield,ma
    edited October 2008
    pchobbyist wrote:
    OK I went thru whole storage section and found 1 maybe 2 questions about this.
    Mine says no bootmgr. Tried bypassing w/windows setup. Then came up with no disk found. ???????
    Fujitsu hd 80 gb. Brandy new. Any ideas. Oh so I go into bios and it let me do diagnostic test.
    I think I might have figured it out.
    But i'll let you know later. Still if anybody has any thoughts...
    edited October 2008
    Update: So I purchased a new hdrive off a 3rd party.
    I install It bang get mssg. Bootmgr is missing,i've never seen this before
    I start looking for fixes couple days go by and i'm about ready to send this hd into my outdoor fire place! Then I remember my friend Jim has
    some harddrive utility disks ,I get them i'm trying everything.
    I'm down to like 1 or 2 utilities. So I see ACTIVE KILLDISK,i'll give it a try.
    It has an option wipe everything off the disk,like taking an ice scraper
    to your windshield. I wait the 25 mins or so it finishes.
    I hit restart fingers crossed, Message comes up OPERATION SYSTEM
    MISSING!!!! Much joy!!! All I have to say is I kept that utility.
    It must of cleaned the disk and rebiult the boot sector?
    Beats me, any thoughts? All I know it works.
    Mike
  • Eleventh-SunEleventh-Sun United States
    edited October 2008
    I love when people are actually willing to lose their data. Makes things so much easier. I had a laptop a while back that shut off during a power failure(No back up battery power, and would Blue screen upon every boot with a missing volume or something of the like. Everyone and their dogs were telling me that it was a lost cause and that a new HDD would be best. But, after 7 hours, a dozen fixmbr, diskcheck, and chkdsk later. Its come back to life. No data lost. No problems since.
    edited October 2008
    I love when people are actually willing to lose their data. Makes things so much easier. I had a laptop a while back that shut off during a power failure(No back up battery power, and would Blue screen upon every boot with a missing volume or something of the like. Everyone and their dogs were telling me that it was a lost cause and that a new HDD would be best. But, after 7 hours, a dozen fixmbr, diskcheck, and chkdsk later. Its come back to life. No data lost. No problems since.
    edited October 2008
    Well this drive was new. But even so if I had to wipe out the disk and it did have data,either it's backed up or its not that important.