Yellow missing

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited December 2003 in Internet & Media
My parents' HP DeskJet 952c printer was out of color ink, so I replaced the catridge. It now prints red and blue fine, but the yellow doesn't print at all.

I ran through the cleaning process and the troubleshooting guide and rechecked the installation of the cartridge. No dice.

Anyone ever seen something like this before?

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    could be a bad cartridge...or a (very) clogged printer head.
  • pcscustompcscustom Oklahoma
    edited December 2003
    correct me if im wrong but isnt the reason hp cartriges are so damn expensive is the print head is included on them?

Trev
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Keebs..is the printhead separate?

If so, remove all cartridges...have warm water from the tap flow through the empty ph until the water is clear. Dry with a cloth. Done. Classical inkjet problem.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Looks like the printheads are in the cartridges. When I take out the cartridge there is just a hole in the bottom of the carriage.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Hp= Seperate Print Cartriges. Take it back and trow alot of tech Jargin at them and they will be so confused they will replace it
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Tell them it got dried out before being sealed and shrink wrapped at factory, or the filler ran out of yellow ink and it got shipped anyhow, and make sure ALL the blue tape got removed, some of those carts have an air vent hole that is taped over and I have seen a few with piece of extra tape left stuck on.

Yeah, refund or exchange is the option to give them, and if they give you any guff tell them you influence over 800 people who will be talking about them to HP and their friends-- how many hits does this site get a DAY???? Its true, you know.

Tell me what store or chain, I will talk to HP myself and get you an exchange if retailer will not exchange, and retailer WILL get whatfor from top end down. Know a few HP folks, very well. Faster to start with retailer, though. Know some Staples folks also, and Staples offers a 14 day return policy on defective carts-- over the counter exchange. Office Depot and Office Max do same, last I checked. HP takes the defective returns back and ships replacements, easier for HP than processing lots of direct RMAs MANUALLY.

Since blue and red print, thing got not yellow filled or left out and print hole in cart is clogged OR there is an air bubble in the yellow compartment. It DID acknowledge the fill when you told the drivers you wanted to replace the cartridge, right??? If not, use drivers or tools\utilities and see what they say after you stick cartridge in-- redo whole replacement procedure, should be right in the utility helps. And, one other possibility is an air bubble in it in yellow compartment, yellow is the last ink to usually clot up. So, you might try 3-4 cleaning cycles before giving up, you can use same sheet of paper and turn upsaide down, then over and then upside down. Then air bubble if any might get pumped out. I'd say shake from side to side, but after tape is removed, that could get MESSY big time.

John.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Well, I tried doing the cleaning 3 more times just to be sure... I think the cartridge just must be fuxored though. Unfortunately I don't have a receipt anymore since it was the "backup" cartridge that's been sitting the drawer for a couple months. :(

Thanks for the help though! :)