Micro boards

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian
edited October 2008 in Hardware
Whats the best Micron ATX intel board? I am running a E8400 on a gigabyte Micro atx board still cant oc it at all. The q6600 was also a no go.

One key is I need 4 slots of ddr800 ram to go on it. I am just not sure I am completely satisfied with this board and an just researching on other ones and cant find one that I think will do the job

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    This is the best MicroATX board. It's the only mATX board people should be considering for a performance mATX system.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    I saw that one but its alittle out out my price range No doubt its the best but I need closer to 100 than 150
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    So what you're saying is that he answered your question perfectly.
    edited October 2008
    true but I wish him to take it down a notch!
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    or just save up just a little more ;)
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Down a notch is what you already have.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Thrax is totally right. If you can't afford the board, save up. Also, check the Marketplace. Prices vary on that board quite a bit. All the other mATX boards on the market pale in comparison to it.
    edited October 2008
    Buddy J wrote:
    Thrax is totally right. If you can't afford the board, save up. Also, check the Marketplace. Prices vary on that board quite a bit. All the other mATX boards on the market pale in comparison to it.

I still only found 1 place that sells it
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Better start donating plasma.
  • edited October 2008
    Like these others have said, start saving up some extra cash. mATX board generally aren't known for their overclocking and anyways, $150 isn't much for a performance Intel board nowadays of any size. And that's the only mATX board I know of right offhand that was designed for performance; it doesn't use the nb with the crappy integrated graphics but rather uses the regular P45 nb. Hell, even on the AMD side a good performance board will run that much.
    edited October 2008
    Well i apriciate it but I decided to buy a new HD since I haven't bought one in years and I figured a new faster Hd would be beneficial and cheaper