Twitter notifications via email?

ArtemisArtemis New
edited October 2008 in Internet & Media
Hi everyone!

Does anyone know how to set up Twitter (or a program) to send notifications to you via email (not SMS).

I want notifications not only of direct replies, but also new posts from my followers/followed. Notifications of new follow requests would be nice too!

Thanks in advance! :D

Comments

• jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    This doesn't solve your immediate problem, but do you use a desktop client for Twitter?
  • ArtemisArtemis New
    edited October 2008
    jared wrote:
    This doesn't solve your immediate problem, but do you use a desktop client for Twitter?

I want to, but I'm worried about system slow down/memory usage. I'm already running Yahoo widgets so I can see the weather and stock updates.

Do you have any problems with the apps being memory hogs? If not, I'll probably download it and my problem will be solved. :D
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    First off, I know what you mean, but from my experience none of the clients are as bad as Yahoo! Widgets ;)

Secondly, I'll wait for Prime of Thraxy to chime in on suggested windows clients as I'm primarily on OSX. I used twhirl before but better solutions might be out there.

I think if you started using a desktop client you wouldn't need e-mail notifications.

cheers :jared:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    There are three clients I've used primarily: Twibble, Tweetdeck and Witty. I like Tweetdeck's features the most, but I had issues with it in the past. Twibble is my favorite client, but mysteriously stopped working on my PC. Witty is a good mix between features and the UI.

But now that I have 100+ followers, I'm more or less stuck with Tweetdeck. It uses about 40MB of RAM, which I loathe, but there's nothing I can do about that.
  • ArtemisArtemis New
    edited October 2008
    yeah, Yahoo widgets is the worst. It's a drain on battery life too so I have to turn them off when I'm in the library w/o outlets.

Thanks thrax for the app names...Maybe I'll check out Twibble since you said it's your fave. I'm just looking for something that I could check tweets/notifications on it, but not necessarily updates, as I do that when I'm on the go.

Thanks you two!
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Here's another vote for Twibble. I use it here at the office. It's not to bad.