MySQL Help

AuthorityActionAuthorityAction Missouri Member
edited June 2003 in Science & Tech
Last night was was messing around with apache and i got PHP and mySQL installed so then i put up a forum just to see if it would work. the forum worked and everything was fine. so i shut down my computer cause the parentals are evil and went to bed. when i woke up and started it up apache started fine, but mySQL looks like i lost all my databases and it can't seem to find the server. any ideas?

Comments

• -tk-tk Detroit, MI USA Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    what platform are you running this stuff on? *NIX or Windws?
  • AuthorityActionAuthorityAction Missouri Member
    edited June 2003
    windows XP pro. i'm not sure if MySQL can find the server or not...
    1.jpg 109.2K
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Its not finding the server, otherwise the boxes on the right would be filled in.

Go into Windows Services and make sure the service is actually running.

NS
    edited June 2003
    ok i got it where it finds that server now. but mysql is using 312 MB of my memory :wow: how can i fix that?
    edited June 2003
    well, I've never installed mysql and apache on windows before, so I'm kid of in the dark, but a few things to check:

does mysql start at bootup?
    is it started now?
    edited June 2003
    MyNewName5333 said
    ok i got it where it finds that server now. but mysql is using 312 MB of my memory :wow: how can i fix that?

I dont know if the windows version has it, bet there shoudl be a file someplace called my.cnf where you can set all that stuff
    edited June 2003
    Strange, my MySQL server sometimes takes moderately large loads and it never seems to go about about say 5MB or so, and its using less sat here now. Not changed it since install.

NS
    edited June 2003
    i fixed the memory problem, i just had to change the my.ini file. but i still can't seem to get MySQL to work. it says its running ok, but i get this error when i try and go to my forums

http://68.86.145.46/forums/

any ideas on that? lol :banghead:
    edited June 2003
    Go onto the Databases Tab on MySQL admin and make sure you have named the Database right, it may not have been called "invision".

NS
    edited June 2003
    yep its called invision
    dt.jpg 117.9K
    edited June 2003
    heres the invision board setup... i copied the invision folder and pasted all the files in a folder called 1 to see if it would work that way.
    dt2.jpg 177.3K
    edited June 2003
    and here's the error i get...
    dt3.jpg 47.1K
    edited June 2003
    You put the SQL database name as "1".

Change it to "invision"

NS
    edited June 2003
    i know, i tried it that way to make sure something wasn't wrong with the "invision" folder. i took all the files from invision and moved them into "1". but that doesn't matter, because it does the same thing if you put invision as the database name.
    edited June 2003
    Try not entering anything for the username and password.

NS
    edited June 2003
    i logged in as root and no password and it let me in. thanks for your help NS and -tk.