Ripping audio from avi

BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseurThere's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
edited June 2005 in Internet & Media
Anyone know of a program other than VirtualDub to rip the audio from an avi? VD gives me an audio error when I try to do anything.

Comments

• DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited December 2003
    Depends what you want to save it as. Quicktime Pro version will let you save it as an AIFF or WAV, either of which you can then convert to MP3 if that is your final format of choice.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/products/qt/specifications.html

Other than that, some high end programs like After Effects and Media Cleaner can do it, but those are big $$$ compared to QT Pro.

Dexter...
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Well let me explain. I wanted to rip the audio so I could normalize it. Enverex told me to use CoolEdit Pro and it worked well. Inserted the video, normalized the audio and saved it. Took like 15-30mins but it worked. Anyone know how to solve the problem that VD is giving me?
    edited December 2003
    Virtues of Evil had this to say
    Well let me explain. I wanted to rip the audio so I could normalize it. Enverex told me to use CoolEdit Pro and it worked well. Inserted the video, normalized the audio and saved it. Took like 15-30mins but it worked. Anyone know how to solve the problem that VD is giving me?

Try this.

Dexter...
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    :range:
    edited December 2003
    ;D

:Pwned:

Dexter...
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    No suitable decompressor means you don't have the proper codec to work with the audio.

If it's MP3, I suggest downloading the Radium MP3 codec (Google), and seeing what happens.
  • edited June 2005
    Black Hawk:
    Video mp3 Extractor PRO 2.4 will help you. It extracts mp3 from avi, asf, wmv.