Help!

Rot-KatzeRot-Katze Pensacola, Florida
edited June 2003 in Gaming
I have all genre's of games covered right now..except a good Real Time Strategy!

I'm in DIRE need of a good one...quick

I was looking at either WarCraft 3, Age of Mythology, or perhaps another more recent game

te ones I have right now that I'm burnt out on are: Red Alert and Red Alert 2, Sudden Strike, Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, Age of Kings and expansion...eh..a few older ones...

ANY suggestions are welcome..thanks

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    Age of Empires II if you are thinking of Age of Mythology or WarCraft.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I have WC3, i really don't like it :/
  • KhaosKhaos New Hampshire
    edited June 2003
    Give Command & Conquer: Generals a try. Age of Mythology is pretty good, and you can't really go wrong with Empire Earth - It is great fun. I guess out of all the games you didn't name at all, Empire Earth is my favorite RTS.

Stronghold is also a very good RTS that is worth checking out. Both EE and SH have expansion packs out, too. Happy hunting...
  • Rot-KatzeRot-Katze Pensacola, Florida
    edited June 2003
    Thanks, I'll look into bth of those

any other suggestions out there?
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    i would suggest WC3, because i love all those maps, and playing online, i spent countless hours playing over the lan with my sister and my other friend, and in fact, i just ordered the WC3 expansion today, or maybe i should say Preordered.
  • NixxerNixxer Nottingham, UK
    edited June 2003
    I can only recommend Warcraft 3 because its the only recent RTS I have played. The story is great and follows on from the previous titles, the maps (as said above) are great, it plays very similar to Warcraft 2 but now has an added hero feature. All in all a decent title.
  • KhaosKhaos New Hampshire
    edited June 2003
    Warcraft III is the epitome of everything I don't like in an RTS. I like large scale battles and defensible bases, and WC3 has neither. It's like a little skirmish over and over again. The base defenses that are available are a joke, the unit caps are ridiculous, and most of the maps are way too crowded.
  • SlickSlick Upstate New York
    edited June 2003
    I haven't played any Strategy games lately but I hear command and Conquer: Generals is really good.
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    C&C: Generals is great. You need a powerful PC to run it, but it rocks!
  • Rot-KatzeRot-Katze Pensacola, Florida
    edited June 2003
    the powerful PC is covered..

I'd have to agree with Khaos about the defense and massive battles..

that's what I loved about suddenstrike: Massive, 1000+ Units, and the only thing your defending is a stretch of land..ah...

I'll check out C&C Generals..though I've heard there aren't hardly any units