Finding Front I/O panels

sweavesweave boston
edited November 2008 in Hardware
does anyone know where can i go to find front io panels
i found this site (http://www.frontx.com/order2.html) but their design doesnt fit with the case i want to build
basically if i can just buy the cables and pins i could build them right into the case myself.

thanks

Comments

• edited November 2008
    Looks to me that you can buy just the cables from that site. Kind of expensive, but they are available. BTW, thanks for the linkage. That might suit my purposes also. :thumbsup:
  • sweavesweave boston
    edited November 2008
    ya i know
    just their not really esthetically pleasing to me without ripping apart the housing they come with from them which i could do but it would be nicer not to have to go thru that.
  • edited November 2008
    Hell, it's only 2 screws holding that plastic front panel on the cable. But, they pretty much have you over the barrel as far as front panel cables go. The back panel types that typically are included with a motherboard have cables that are too short to run to the front without having to splice more cable onto them. I've been wanting to add some front panel usb ports to my U2-UFO case and I guess I'll splurge and buy a cable or 2 to put them on a blank bay plate.
  • sweavesweave boston
    edited November 2008
    hmmm really just 2 screws? that doesnt sounds bad at all
    i guess i should've looked at the pics more closely
    pretty much what i need for my case design are 2 usbs, 1 audio (i guess that one also includes a mic as well) so looks like about $30. too bad they dont seem to have an esata port