Stuttering G5 mouse

edited November 2008 in Hardware
My G5 mouse feels sluggish, even in Windows. Vista 64, SP1 with latest updates. 8800GT videocard, G5 mouse 4.60 software. A8R32-MVP Deluxe, latest beta BIOS, 2GB of DDR RAM. I didn't have this problem with XP. I thought last time I went into power saving the mouse went sluggish, but just tried performance mode and made no difference.

Any ideas?

Comments

• tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited November 2008
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited November 2008
    That isn't an uncommon problem. The problem is the solutions aren't always the same. lol

I would start by changing usb ports. If it doesn't work then, I'd move to trying the ps2 adapter the mouse came with. Then I'd uninstall all the logitech software. The problem is probably with the logitech software.

Also if you have any game pads connected, be sure to unplug those in case they are causing the problem.
  • edited November 2008
    The mouse cursor now seems to be smooth, no stuttering. Nothing changed, not disconnected mouse or other USB devices, not rebooted, just been in Windows GUI not played games/dropped back to desktop.

?
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited November 2008
    Makes me wonder if your whole pc was stuttering. Any clicking hard drives? bah.. could have be a lot of things. Post back if it returns.
  • edited November 2008
    nah no problem with the hard drives.:crazy:
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    i have a similar problem when i get some hair stuck in the sensor place, or if my mousepad is too shiny.
  • edited November 2008
    Booting into XP Pro and mouse does not stutter. 4.60 XP Setpoint drivers installed. Not stuttering in Ubuntu either. Wiped Vista from my other drive, gone back to XP.