Slipstreaming of Windows XP

edited November 2008 in Hardware
Good evening,
Following the good guide issued by Robert Hallock, I am in trouble with drivers.
My machine is using NVidia Geforce 6150 nforce 410/430 which drivers don't appear in the list. Could you inform me about these drivers.
Secondly, I have downloaded some drivers issued by HP for my computor such as SP37065 for Synaptics (and others) but I don't know how to use in nLite.
Thanks for assistance
Henri

Comments

• jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Download the drivers for your video card from Nvidia.com, which will give you somefile.exe

Right click on that .exe file and choose "Extract".

Put those files in a folder some where.

Fire up nLITE. When you get to the driver page, browse and select the folder with the drivers you previously extracted in it. Finish up with nLite, build the ISO, and you're done.

They will now be slipstreamed into XP.

cheers :jared:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Hey, Nasonex!

I've attached the appropriate drivers for your nForce 410/430 board. You'll want to integrate the drivers contained in both of these folders with your Windows CD as a txtmode driver, just like the guide outlines.

As for your other drivers, you'll want to extract them to their own folders in the drivers folder shown in step 1C, then add them as a Regular PNP Driver. You can see this screen under step 3G, Figure 3-9 on page 5.

Drivers may or may not work in this fashion, because all PC drivers are written a little differently. However, chances are that simple devices like touchpads, card readers and the like will work just fine.

//edit: Also ignore the zip file name, because I can't count.
  • edited November 2008
    Many thanks to Jared and Thrax.
    Very impressed by short response time !
    I have now to work
    Henri
  • edited November 2008
    Good afternoon Thrax,
    After hard work, I finally succeed to create an ISO of XP PRO SP3 with all(?) drivers for my PC (HP ts1240ef with Vista preinstalled)using nLite, I installed it on this computer on a virtual PC. All seamed good.
    Then, I burned a bootable CD from this ISO, I made a new partition on HD and started XP installation. No problem during installation, but at 1st restarting, computer blocked with a long message on blue screen saying approx (my translation from french) : "computer was stopped to avoid damage due to trial to execute memory not executable. STOP:0x000000FC (0xF78EA8E8, 0x0A45C963, 0xF78EA848, 0x00000001)". Of course, I don't understand anything in this message.
    After several restarting, getting always same message (immediate after coming of WINDDOWS XP icon), I formatted the XP partition, but now impossible to restart, I get the message " HAL.DLL missing or damaged. Reinstalled it"
    How to do if PC doesn't start?
    Any idea for :
    1 : restart my computer
    2 : repare or reissue XP ISO
    PS: Of course, I send this message from an other computer.
    Thanks for assistance as I am really in trouble.
  • edited November 2008
    Finally succeeded to restart by complete reinstallation through an Acronis backup.
    Remains the question : what can be the defect in my ISO to create such problem
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    You should try creating a new CD and burn it at a slower speed. First-boot issues like this often arise when files on the CD are defective.

You might also try making two CDs, the first with the first SATA driver folder slipstreamed, and the second with the second SATA driver slipstreamed. Both on the CD may be conflicting, so this is a great way to rule that out.