The Official Folding@Home Gauntlet Thread II

Comments

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Folding Challenge 4 has started. Leo, Enisada, QCH, Time, Isevald, _k_, siv, MJancaitis, Dang, Jaketh, vid, everyguy, Tushon, ardichoke, sgstair Jar3d, Garg, csimon, scrllock, and mas0n in the running so far. Everyone from vid to mas0n should already qualify for completion as long as their production doesn't take off. If you want to get credit for this challenge and I did not list you PM your active Team 93 folding name.
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited June 2010
    Good Luck guys. :P Thinking of getting an upgrade soon so I can keep up with everyone.
    edited June 2010
    Challenge 4 is completed. The heroes are Leonardo, Tim225, Isevald(icrontic), _k_, siv, MJancaitis, DanG, Jaketh, vid, everyguy, Tushon, ardichoke, sgstair, Jar3d, Gargoyle*BW*, csimon, scrllock, mas0n, TestTubeTony.
    edited June 2010
    Folding Challenge 5 is EPIC. Show up to the Icrontic.com LAN 2010 and install a folding client, just show me that it launches and works. The intention is not to have a huge production at the LAN but highlight the folders and possibly get some people back into folding or getting a new folder into the game by showing them how it is done.

*Edited challenge, forgot Prime had to pay for his electricity.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    LOL... YES! Run the ICHQ electricity bill up even more! I like this challenge
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I actually think this is a terrible idea. The tent gets so hot, we should be turning off our machines as much as possible during the lan...and this would also save primey some $.
    edited June 2010
    That what is a bad idea, installing software? Most other LANs I go to I make a point of turning in a WU or two. ;)
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    IC What You Did Thar.... 'Nd I Liek Eat!!!!

-Bobby
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I think the challenge is appropriate as edited. Getting new people folding or returning old people to the fold is always a good thing. No reasons to fret over WUs at the actual LAN, but once they get home, its on like donkey kong, minus the smelly chimp.
    edited June 2010
    to divert this thread back to its original purpose for a moment, I should be passing the following people who are above 0 PPD (meaning ostensibly still folding somewhere) and active on the forums (within the last month or so):

zanthian - 1 week
    danball1976 - 1.3 months
    CB - 1.2 months
    bobby1211 - 1.4 months

Many others who are inactive on either will fall, but they are unmentionables. More will fall to my blade with the next few months, but I won't mention them yet. Also, if I scrounge enough money for a decent video card to shove into my server, I will start slaying people without regard to their seniority.
    edited June 2010
    Challenge 5 is complete. There was a ticket issued for all people who completed this challenge.....and the list is Obsidian, _k_, QCH2002, Tushon, Annes, and Magic.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Thanks for putting this together, K :)

And thanks to the new folders!
    edited July 2010
    Challenge 6. This is a change, starting Thursday the 15th whom ever can progress up one milestone(as defined in Extreme Overclocker's stats) will complete this challenge. Designed to show case the new or upcoming folders. This is going to be kind of tricky for me to keep track of so if I lose you complain. Hopefully I will have some people to post with the milestone that they have cleared. Good luck.
    edited July 2010
    _k_ wrote:
    Challenge 6. This is a change, starting Thursday the 15th whom ever can progress up one milestone(as defined in Extreme Overclocker's stats) will complete this challenge. Designed to show case the new or upcoming folders. This is going to be kind of tricky for me to keep track of so if I lose you complain. Hopefully I will have some people to post with the milestone that they have cleared. Good luck.

How long is the challenge? I'll hit the 300k milestone sometime in the next week, presuming it is that long.
    edited July 2010
    Aye, I second the above question. I should hit the 900k milestone in about 5 days at this rate
    edited July 2010
    Till the end of the month.
    edited July 2010
    Great success. 300k here I come! Also, in a little over 2 months, I'll break top 100 on Team 93!
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I'll hit 30k in a couple of days :)
    edited July 2010
    I broke 300k a few days ago and need to boost my folding somewhere, troll and animebuster are a few months out from overtaking me! This simply won't do.
    edited July 2010
    aaand... I've already broken the 900k point milestone. Plus my average ppd has reached #6 on the team, and it only took 2 Phenom II 925s and a Celeron-M 1.5GHz to get there. One day, when I pay down some of these debts, I'm going to build my dual opteron box which will be replacing my old laptop which is my current makeshift webserver. Oh the PPD that shall produce.
    edited July 2010
    Currently we have:
    Animebuster: 70k-100k milestones
    Nullenvoyd: 1k-7k milestones
    paladin677: 1k-4k
    MrTRiot: 20k milestone
    huskyhog: 1k
    Tushon: 300k
    DeeTee: 1k-9k milestones
    ardichoke: 900k milestone
    *Will update this post later.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    While I do not have the resources to fold currently, I tip my hat to you _K_. Seeing members like Nullenvoyd, huskyhog, DeeTee and paladin677 getting into folding for team 93 is Awesome!

_K_ Is Credit To Team!

-Digi
  • DeeTeeDeeTee New Zealand Member
    edited July 2010
    wooo ;D! just slapped the SMP client on my laptop as well ;D
    edited July 2010
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    While I do not have the resources to fold currently, I tip my hat to you _K_. Seeing members like Nullenvoyd, huskyhog, DeeTee and paladin677 getting into folding for team 93 is Awesome!

_K_ Is Credit To Team!

-Digi

I'm overtaking you in 2.2 days! For great justice! Though I do want you back in the (friendly) competition as soon as you are able.
    DeeTee wrote:
    wooo (LMAO)! just slapped the SMP client on my laptop as well (LMAO)

Awesome!! Now you just need a nice sig to show off your new found glory.

k, I remember someone creating a .html file people could download to generate folding sigs super easily. Do you know where that is?? Sticky? or add a link to the top of this thread perhaps?
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Go here.
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/sigs/sigimage.php?u=32359

You can change the last number to your EOC user ID (found by looking up your user on ExtremeOverclocking's Icrontic team page) and stick that in image tags to get a start on your sig.
    edited July 2010
    I knew about that page and that was how I generated it initially, but someone created a zippped html file and posted it in the forums somewhere that had super easy customization.
    edited July 2010
    I did some quick searching and what Snark linked is pretty much it. I am going to message Linc to see if we can get our generator back up or get a copy of the code from TechIMO.com for a BB tag f@h sig.

EDIT: I looked for it through our forums but can't find anything relating to it. I know what you are talking about but I think the thread it was in is dead/archived some where.
    edited July 2010
    Ugggggh I know it was here. I downloaded it at one point. I'll remote into my home PC after I run this orientation to see if I have it still.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    The code for mine, if anybody just wants to copy it - this includes colors and everything:
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/sigs/sigimage.php?u=96018c1=FFFFFF&c2=2758A8&c3=2758A8&c4=0000CC&c5=FFFFFF

edited July 2010
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/sigs/sigimage.php/un=_k_/t=93/c1=FFFFFF/c2=000000/c3=000000/c4=0000CC/c5=FFFFFF

Just change the "un=_k_" to your folding username, replace _k_ with yours. Then edit colors as you see fit, default is my sig colors.

c1 = Default Text Color
    c2 = Background Body Color
    c3 = Background Header Color
    c4 = Border Color
    c5 = Override Text Rank Colors

If you define a 'c5' color, you loose the auto-color rankings for the individual / team. I added it because some people might want a color scheme that conflicts with one or more of the colors used in the scale.

Website for color scale.