Need For Speed Undercover Review...

TurboPenguinTurboPenguin Orangevale, CA
edited November 2008 in Gaming
Ok I thought it was needed for me to post this so that people would not be sucked into another EA pile of crap. I need to say that I am an avid PC gamer who loves racing. When previews for NFS-U were coming out I was getting excited. With the flop of their last title and hopes of redemption. Obviously with that said I think this game sucks and below are my reasons.

First - Graphics. Now if you played Prostreet, the Graphics were a step in the right direction. NFSU is like 4 steps backwards. I would compare graphics to NFS-MW at best. In fact I think MW looks better.

AI - Worst AI I have ever seen! I played for about 2 hours, and I never lost a race and the Cops are pathetic! They were crashing themselves!

Sound - Was OK, but lack of 5.1SS was a downer.

Controls - Worst ever, sluggish. It's like there is a 1/2 second delay between my keys and what happens.

Menus - Are there menus? You have to get into the game to access the menus. And they are slow.

Content - Ok the movies were Uber-Cheesy. Like i could shoot better plot movies with me and my wife in my camcorder that would have been better! Seriously how much did you spend on this game and you came up with this? Are you kidding me?

I know that reviews floating around the web have said very similiar things. If you love racing games, go BUY GRID! W/O question, best racing game to this date! If you love NFS series, best one is 2 games back and is probably NFS Carbon. Even though there is no support for widescreen, its the best to date. Save Your Money DO NOT buy NFS-U. It's not even worth a torrent. Not that I would condone torrenting, but this game is just that bad!

Scale - 20/100

This has been an official Rant by TurboPenguin, thanks for listening!

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    THanks for the mini-review. Mind if I repub to Icrontic gaming?
  • TurboPenguinTurboPenguin Orangevale, CA
    edited November 2008
    Go ahead
  • nick1983nick1983 india
    edited November 2008
    thanks for the review man, after mw and carbon, prostreet was the game where i had never thot of using cheats coz the game was piece of cake, even my 10 yr old nephew wud play it with ease............. i guessed this undercover wud be on the worse side.......... any ways ill give it a try for sure..... of course download it from somewhere..... surely not buying it..........
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I use to be a big fan of racing games some years back (Need for Speed II rocked on my geforce2 ultra!). Would like to get back into some.

I'll look into NFS Carbon and GRID.

My brother had one of the NFS games on Xbox 360 (one before Carbon I guess) but it was all about ricing your ride and I got bored after 15 mins :(
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2008
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    jared wrote:
    GRID

I enjoyed this game very much. I'm usually pretty good at racing games, and this one gives me a run for the money every time. It'll be frustrating at first, but you're going to wonder if racing anything else is worthwhile once you get the hang of it.
  • TurboPenguinTurboPenguin Orangevale, CA
    edited November 2008
    jared wrote:
    My brother had one of the NFS games on Xbox 360 (one before Carbon I guess) but it was all about ricing your ride and I got bored after 15 mins :(

If you dont like Ricey games, GRID is your game. W/O question best racing game out there. Physics and Graphics are sweet! I would give it 95/100... Amazing!
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited November 2008
    Just got "Project Torque" after much nagging from friends , its free you can buy bits for your car through micropayments or by winning. Best racing game in age's.:bigggrin: