Rogue in-game browser performance

UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA:Redwood City, CA Icrontian
edited November 2008 in Gaming

Comments

• jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    The major FPS his, was this while Rogue was on screen?

If it was running, but not over layed were you still getting a FPS hit? If that was the case using it when you are dead in TF2 or CS still would be OK.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Did you try changing the options at the bottom of Rogue's window? I think each one changes the way rogue renders the page since it does say "optimize for: video, web, game".
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Glad you mentioned both of those things, Jared and Black Hawk.

Those screencaps were while Rogue was running in the background and not overlayed. When I hit F12 to overlay the browser the in-game framerate dropped even more, though I don't have numerical values to put on the further drop. It's bad all around.

I did change the options to 'game' mode with little to no effect. Should have mentioned that as well.

Perhaps it was something in my setup. Perhaps Flatout 2 is just too old. If anyone has better luck with the software, please let us know.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I had tried it earlier with Medieval II: Total War and also got a performance hit.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I love that you're letting Jimmy die. Good game.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Why does everyone keep thinking I was letting Jimmeh die??!! That's why I went down there, to save him! I have a screenshot trigger finger. I shoot while I shoot.

But the untold story of that screenshot?

WEEZER LEFT US THREE TO DIE! He jumped in the chopper and said goodnight.

Heartless.
    edited November 2008
    Oh I haven't forgotten.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    UPSLynx wrote:
    Why does everyone keep thinking I was letting Jimmeh die??!! That's why I went down there, to save him! I have a screenshot trigger finger. I shoot while I shoot.

But the untold story of that screenshot?

WEEZER LEFT US THREE TO DIE! He jumped in the chopper and said goodnight.

Heartless.
    Black Hawk wrote:
    Oh I haven't forgotten.

WHO DO YOU THINK IT WAS SHOOTING THE ZOMBIES BEHIND YOU GUYS?!?:mouldy:

Also, you guys died, THEN I jumped in the chopper. Look! You can see Louis' shadow in the top left side of the picture. I was right behind you guys!