athlon 3000+

edited June 2003 in Hardware
Im getting an Athlon Xp 3000+ from newegg today, and was wondering if anyone could give me an estimate of to how much i can over clock it from 2.17 ghz, i have seven 80mm case fans

ive never overclocked before, so any advice u can give me would be appreciated

Comments

• leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    if you are aircooling it, and without knowing the steppings and such, i would says about 2.3gh with good heatsink.
  • edited June 2003
    Could u maybe tell me all of the steps required, i have no clue what im doing here, i dont wanna melt my processor or something
  • mondimondi Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    depends on what motherrboard/ram/bios you have.... whats the full specs of your system
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    if you don't know much about overclocking, i suggest you read some articles, and explaining the basics, for example
    Read THIS
  • edited June 2003
    i have a DFI lanparty kt400a motherboard, with 2x Geil 256 pc3200 400 mhz ddr ram, and my bios is award bios
  • mondimondi Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    i cant explain it any better than the extremetech article that leishi posted ... read that and start to experiment, remember though... and I cant stress this enough - go up in SMALL increments ... also with what ive read about that board you may have better luck with upping the multiplier rather than the FSB, each one is different though, just be careful and make sure with each increment that you fully test you system for stability ...
  • edited June 2003
    k ill try that, thanks