Left 4 Dead giveaway! Explore Icrontic and win!

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited November 2008 in Gaming
The Icrontic community is amazing, and it is most definitely our greatest asset. We often wonder how to let people know that becoming part of the IC community is a rewarding experience full of great friendships, memorable events, and is a truly fulfilling way to spend your time online. Once you become part of the community, you want to shout from the rooftops, you want to shake your friends, you want to tell total strangers "WHY aren't you a part of Icrontic! This place RULES!"

Icrontic would not be where it is today without many generous and wonderful people over the years. Just yesterday a group of people who are part of the {IC} gaming clan were anxious to get their hands on the new Valve winner "Left 4 Dead." In true IC spirit, four friends decided to chip in and get a 4-pack, making the game more affordable for all involved. There were some snafus on Valve's part, some codes got delayed, and to make a long story short, {IC} Tiberiuslazarus (James Jennings) ended up with an extra copy of Left 4 Dead (PC version). Instead of trying to capitalize on it he donated it to us so that we could give it away in a site-wide contest.So yadda yadda blah blah how do I win a FREE COPY OF LEFT 4 DEAD? YES!!

We're going to have a scavenger hunt.

I'm going to give you a list of resources, and you're going to have to use those resources to answer ten questions about Icrontic and our history. Everybody who submits all ten correct answers will be entered into a random drawing to win the PC version of Left 4 Dead. The deadline for submission is Saturday, November 29th, and the winner will be announced at 1PM EST on the 29th. The download code for the game will be emailed to the winner.

Contest requirements:
  • You must register for the Icrontic Forums, and have proper user profile information so that we can email the winner. If we can't email you or it bounces, it's not our fault! It'll go to another randomly selected person.
  • You must be at least 17 years old! Left 4 Dead is rated "M" for Mature audiences (17+)
  • You must opt in to our mailing list (we seriously don't spam - ever. We have sent maybe 5 site-wide mailings in our eight year history. Honestly, we just want to use it to tell you guys cool stuff)
  • You must not be me, Keebler,  Buddy Jesus, or Thrax. Them's the breaks, us. Sorry.
Alright, now that you know the rules, let's start with the resource list.

You should know about our history first and foremost. It's important. Read about us, and make sure you know where the forums are, how to register for them, are familiar with how to search them. We also have a search feature for our front page content. Make sure you know where that is. Also, you may want to check into our RSS Feeds: Icrontic Tech and Icrontic Gaming.

Last but not least, here's the link to the scavenger hunt quiz sheet. Make sure you put your Icrontic username (the one you made when you registered for the forums!) at the bottom or you will not be eligible to win!

The contest closes at midnight this Saturday (11/29/2008) - we will announce the winner Saturday at 1pm via forum post and we will contact the winner by email (with the code for download).

Good luck!<br /><br />Original Post

Comments

• UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    You must be at least 17 years old! Left 4 Dead is rated "M" for Mature audiences (17+)
    :grumble:
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Weezer's breakin' the law!
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    In ;)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I actually didn't know one.
  • edited November 2008
    Well i may not be 17 but i already have it but good luck to the rest of you.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Good show, Jimmy. :cheers:

I'm in as well; would love to play this game with you guys.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Silly jimmy getting extra copies of steam games.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    Silly jimmy getting extra copies of steam games.

More like ^5 to Valve for good customer care :)
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited November 2008
    I helped pay for that!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    The winner is:

][v][agic!

There were 30 entries, and I plugged them all into random.org and hit the button, and our friend Magic came out on top.

Congrats, man! You'll be getting your code emailed and/or steam gifted to you ASAP :)
    :thumbup
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Congrats Magic!! Yay Jimmy!
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Congrats Magic!!!

As the rules state... "Winner must claim the prize within 8 hrs of the announcement or forfeit the prize. All forfeited prizes revert to the default prize holder, QCH2002."
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited November 2008
    Good Job Magic, lucky you. :D
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Damn that small print!
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    The winner has received their copy of L4D. Congrats to him, and thanks go out to everyone else for participating :)
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Thanks guys, really enjoying the game.