F.E.A.R. 2 PC vs PS3

test_tube_tonytest_tube_tony Dallas TX Member
edited November 2008 in Gaming
i'm not as much of a gamer as i used to be, but i've been eyeballing fear 2. i played fear, and loved it, so i cant wait for the 2nd to come out. now, its been a while since my computer has been up to snuff for gaming, and i do own a ps3. normally the console version of games has crippled graphics, but seeing as how the ps3 has some decent power, how close do you think itl be to the the pc version? should i try to pull $400 out of my rear before its release to upgrade my computer? what do you think?

Comments

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Sixty dollars versus $450 to get your PC up to what sounds like your graphical standards and buy the game as well. Depends on if you plan to play other games on your PC or not, I imagine.
  • test_tube_tonytest_tube_tony Dallas TX Member
    edited November 2008
    Cyclonite wrote:
    Sixty dollars versus $450 to get your PC up to what sounds like your graphical standards and buy the game as well. Depends on if you plan to play other games on your PC or not, I imagine.

yea, when you look at it that way.... lol

i also use my computer as a recording studio, and as of right now its the bare minimum for it i think. i cant tell you how many times ive thought to my self, "man, it would be nice to have a core2 duo right now with 4 gigs of ram". so the gaming only investment would probably only be $200ish for vid cards. the rest (cpu, ram, and mobo) would be the other half.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Gotcha. Well, if we're talking graphical power of the PSU, I'd be willing to bet the game is going to look pretty good. But if you're going to get more out of the PC, the game seems like it's better designed for the keyboard and mouse. If you have the money, I'd go the PC route.