360 HD (seperate)?

jmoney3457jmoney3457 Maine
edited December 2008 in Gaming
if you buy 360 that doesnt come w/ those big HDs can you buy those seperately?

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Yes, but for quite a premium. I think it's around $100 for the 120GB drive.
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
    edited December 2008
    jmoney3457 wrote:
    if you buy 360 that doesnt come w/ those big HDs can you buy those seperately?

Yes, the 120 GB XBox 360 HDD goes for around $130, give or take during the holiday season.
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Look on Froogle and you can find them quite a bit cheaper.
  • jmoney3457jmoney3457 Maine
    edited December 2008
    is there smaller options like 20 40 60 etc? coz i saw 360 20GB HD @ walmart but they were sold out so was wondering if i could buy the $199 360 that doesnt come w/ major HD then buy that seperately ..
    edited December 2008
    There's a 60gb drive, but it's new, and I'm not sure it's on shelves and not just bundled with the new consoles, and there's a 20gb drive. I don't think the 20gb 360 bundle is getting sold anymore, replaced with the 60gb version.
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
    edited December 2008
    I was at Best Buy this Sunday - only 60GB or 120GB XBox 360 drives available.

Snarkasm wrote:
    There's a 60gb drive, but it's new, and I'm not sure it's on shelves and not just bundled with the new consoles, and there's a 20gb drive. I don't think the 20gb 360 bundle is getting sold anymore, replaced with the 60gb version.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    I'd get the 120 if you can swing it since the NXE allows you to install games to it. Might make life a little nicer down the road.
  • jmoney3457jmoney3457 Maine
    edited December 2008
    pseudonym wrote:
    I'd get the 120 if you can swing it since the NXE allows you to install games to it. Might make life a little nicer down the road.

whats NXE?
    edited December 2008
    The New Xbox Experience. You can install games to the HDD and then run them from there, with just the disc in the tray for verification. Games can load faster, and there's less noise and run time on the DVD drive.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    If you have the XBox Arcade you can spend $20 to upgrade and get a 20GB HD from Microsoft.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to remember hearing that not only did that Xbox 360 Arcade not come with a HDD but was also RAM crippled as well?
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    the new xbox arcades (and all 360s) come with 256mb memory on board vs the 16mb on board the old ones came with. Which can be used for profile and game saves.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EkkZlFAyyZZXEKjatA.php
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited December 2008
    The crippler on the xbox arcade is that it won't play original xbox games. Though I'm not sure if adding a harddrive to it won't fix that problem since it's the harddrive that's needed to download the emulators that allow you to play xbox 1 games.

The 60gb harddrive kit comes with the hdd, a headset and 3 months of xbox gold membership.