Vintage Tandy Mouse

edited December 2008 in Hardware
Can anyone tell me if there is a mouse upgrade for a vintage Tandy 1000 SX computer? It has a light pin connection on it.

Comments

• TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited December 2008
    Moved to Hardware forum from Spyware! :)
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Which port does it have?

This one?
    150px-MiniDIN-6_Connector_Pinout.svg.png

or this one?
    200px-RS-232.jpeg
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Wow I had a tandy that I bought from a garage sale when I was younger. It did nothing useful except play a couple games.
  • edited December 2008
    Buddy J wrote:
    Which port does it have?

This one?
    150px-MiniDIN-6_Connector_Pinout.svg.png

or this one?
    200px-RS-232.jpeg

It has the 9 pin male version that the connector at the bottom would fit. But, it says light pen above.
  • edited December 2008
    Trogan wrote:
    Moved to Hardware forum from Spyware! :)

If you tell me how to move this thread to appropriate forum I will. When I realize my post wasn't in the right forum it was too late. If you are an adminstrator, than you may have to move it for me. :respect:
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    It is already moved :)
  • edited December 2008
    bump
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Have you tried attaching a serial mouse to the light pen port? It'll either work or it won't.
  • edited December 2008
    Buddy J wrote:
    Have you tried attaching a serial mouse to the light pen port? It'll either work or it won't.

Yes I have. But, I have a feeling that part of the functions won't work. But, I'll probably forget the mouse and just use the proper keys to move the cursor around once I install Deskmate on this computer. Years ago, when I had Deskmate on a Tandy I didn't use a mouse.