Thank the Frogs

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited June 2003 in Folding@Home
Everyone PLEASE be absolutely sure to thank our incredibly wonderful hosts for the past week, the folding frogs of AMDmb again. Do it through personal messages or by adding to existing thank-you threads, and do it very soon. What they did was astounding and we probably owe our very survival to them.

AMD FORUMS

Fold on, Frogs!! :D:D:D

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    There is not a better group of indivuals on the net that could have been more welcoming then our pals in the Pond.

I would like to thank all you guys at AMDForums for letting us hang out until we got our forums up and running. I cant say enough about the hospitality you guys gave us.

I dont think we would have stayed together like we did if it werent for the Frogs.

Thanks for helping us keep our Team together as much as possible.

I want you guys to know, everyone at AMDForums, you have a second home here at Short-Media. Please feel welcome to stop in anytime. We would be glad to have ya.:)
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    A toast to our closest Folding friends, you guys have been absolutely outstanding in putting up with us homeless peeps, thanks to you all and please never forget we are in debt to Team AMDMB.com and are always here to return the favour if you should need it.:)

Terry
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I have a suggestion:

Why not let our nex IC box fold under their name to show a little appreciation?

Mac
  • FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited June 2003
    Done!

~FA
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    FoldingAddict said
    Done!

~FA

?
  • FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited June 2003
    I mean done, in that I thanked BC for hosting us.;)

~FA
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Big thanks to the guys over there. They helped us out in our hour of need.
  • SlickSlick Upstate New York
    edited June 2003
    Mackanz said
    I have a suggestion:

Mac

I think this is a great idea. Points don't really matter, all the research is going to the same cause.
    edited June 2003
  • wb22ruleswb22rules Central Va.
    edited June 2003
    WOO HOO
    Congrats guys , come back around the pond and say hello every now and again.
    This place is COOL :mullet:
  • edited June 2003
    Nice home Guys...CONGRATS...come back to the pond anytime u like..I really enjoyed the extra traffic..;)
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I like the idea of naming the next team box "Thank You from Short-Media" and let it fold for them for a month or two.
  • aZnWankstaaZnWanksta Baton Rouge
    edited June 2003
    How bout just calling it Frog Hospitality? I mean, they did save our asses when we were lookin for a home, might as well leave it named at that instead of a few months.

aW
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Many thanks to the Frogs for their hospitality during this 'transition period'.

I like the idea of having a rig folding for them for a while!

Let's drink to the frogs! :beer:
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Thanks for starting that thread TBonZ :)
  • aZnWankstaaZnWanksta Baton Rouge
    edited June 2003
    Oh, I missed something here... you want an SM machine to give POINTS to them. ahh... I was thinking making a SM machine with their name on it folding for us. You know, like SMX-Frog or something. heh, my bad :D

aW
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Much respect for the frogs. Even though I did not participate, I am impressed by their hospitality and graciousness. AMDMB is a first class site and community. Thank you so much for your ultimate gesture of goodwill.
  • qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
    edited June 2003
    Yeah thanks a lot guys, I don't think this could have all come together without a home for the rest of us for a week. I say we send them a couple of bags of flies as a thank you present! Frogs love flies. If they're big frogs crickets might work too :D
  • TigsmanTigsman Lawrenceville, GA
    edited June 2003
    Anytime fellas, anytime.

No better bunch of fellas than those formally of IC would I want to hangout in The Pond :)
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Just popped over there and droped them a quick thanks for putting up with us :D
  • wb22ruleswb22rules Central Va.
    edited June 2003
    Mackanz said
    I have a suggestion:

Mac

To steal a line from BC

Coolness in Action!!!
  • BuiesCreek847BuiesCreek847 In a van, down by the river, NC Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Nice digs! popworm.gif

It's been a pleasure to have you good folks over in the pond. You're more than welcome to come again. :cool:
    edited June 2003
    Glad to have you drop by BC, same with all the other frogs from the pond, our home is your home.:)
  • BuiesCreek847BuiesCreek847 In a van, down by the river, NC Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    TBonZ said
    Glad to have you drop by BC, same with all the other frogs from the pond, our home is your home.:)
    It's funny you should say that. I'm putting my draws on to go to work, and the AMDmb.com forums are off-line. :scratch::aol:
  • jimzinsocaljimzinsocal Sunset Harbor N.C.
    edited June 2003
    Whats up BC? And hey all you guys...it was fun to have the company. I hate drinking alone:beer:
    edited June 2003
    BuiesCreek847 said
    TBonZ said
    It's funny you should say that. I'm putting my draws on to go to work, and the AMDmb.com forums are off-line. :scratch::aol:

I noticed that and have already talked with Jimz, we would be honoured if you make our forum your backup in times like this and you know yours will be our backup if the same happens here.:)
  • -Tigress--Tigress- Lawrenceville, GA
    edited June 2003
    Y'all should know that no thanks is necessary. This is what friends do for eachother, and for as far back as I can remember the members of this team have been our friends.
  • natgelamnatgelam New London, CT USA
    edited June 2003
    That's a really nice gesture setting up a folder for us.

You guys were great guests. Don't be strangers now though...:D