primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited December 2008 in Gaming

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    I don't remember all that much fighting in Dante's Inferno
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Come on! Don't move on to classic literature yet! WWII isn't done yet :)
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    CB wrote:
    I don't remember all that much fighting in Dante's Inferno

You don't? What about that time Virgil had to cleave the heads of all those lawyers in the 8th circle with his flaming zweihander?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    There was quite a bit of maiming and slaughtering in the Divine Comedy, yes.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Okay, let me rephrase: I don't remember the protagonist having need for much fighting. In fact, I'm pretty sure he just observed the whole time...

A video game in which you walk around hell, watching people get punished for atrocities, and commenting on them would be great.

WASD - movement
    SPACE - interact
    F - torch
    Left Mouse - poignant social/political commentary (with continued contemporary relevance)
    Right Mouse - fresh religious perspective (for the 1300s)
    Middle Mouse - sniper scope
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Perhaps you don't play the chronicler in this adventure. The preview shows an armored warrior. From what I recall, Dante wore robes.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Their needs to be nazi's to kill.
  • edited December 2008
    I think what I find umbrage with is the title. If it is merely going to be an allegory or loosely referential (as it appears to be so far--this is all based on what they've given so far), why does it need the title? It seems shallow advertising to prove that videogames are art too. Look we can do literature!

Which is a deadly trap, as anyone who is a fan of the literature is probably skeptically looking at an action game being made of this title.

I support using literature as a resource, but am curious and slightly wary about how this is marketed.