Dual Pentium 2 motherboard

WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
edited July 2003 in Hardware
i KNOW these babies r old...but i currently have 2, p2 450's by my side... They are old dell models and i want to put them to good use. Does anyone know of a good dual pentium2 motherboard?? And does anyone know where i can buy this beauty?

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    BEST dual P2 mobo ever - ASUS P2B-DS
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    what type of psu should i use with that?
    edited June 2003
    Any 300W or better would be fine - it's an older BX-chipset board, so power requirements weren't so hefty back then. If you're gonna run dual P3's I would recommend at least 400w
    edited June 2003
    nah its only a dual p2 system....cuz i already have the chips by my side...but they are in two different cases as of now
    Does anyone know where i could buy a HSF for the p2? I currently only have heatsinks on both of them because thats all it came with (damn u dell...damn u to hell)
    edited June 2003
    They'll be fine.. Mount an exhaust fan in the case in front of the two passive sinks, and they'll stay cool enough. P2/450s don't get so hot :)
    edited June 2003
    whoopieeeee!!!!
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited July 2003
    hmm, I had a Pentium h/s laying in my parts bin somewhere, but that probably won't do you any good, lol You really don't need a fan probably, like passive heatsink's should be fine.
    edited July 2003
    lol, thnx neways clutch...i need to buy a thermal diode thing a mabob so i can SHOVE it into the p2 and record the temps
  • Superducky55Superducky55 Michigan
    edited July 2003
    WuGgaRoO said
    lol, thnx neways clutch...i need to buy a thermal diode thing a mabob so i can SHOVE it into the p2 and record the temps
    why on earth do you care about the temps in your P2? as long as it's stable; they only put out around 20~25 watts of heat MAX. (hence why they have passive heatsinks)
    It's not like cooling a new-age system man.. back in the day they used to have an intake and use the power supply fan :eek: