Blogs

KometeKomete Member
edited December 2008 in Internet & Media
Hi all. Simply, I've never used a blog. I've never seen the attraction of posting your daily life on the internet. I will be doing my first blog here for my next project.

I pm'd keebler to ask if I could use windows live writer to compose my blog on icrontic. There are some pretty nice features on it I'd like to use. ANyways, while I wait for his reply, are there any tips you blog masters can give me. Can I upload a file to a blog? What about posting Youtube videos on my blog?

I know these questions may sound pretty lame and noobish to some of you, but like I said, I've never blogged before.

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Oh, using the Writer to compose posts :p I highly doubt you can, sorry.

Check it out and play around: http://icrontic.com/forum/blog_post.php?do=newblog

It's very similar to the forum interface because it's made by the same company.
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited December 2008
    Thanks Keepler. Must have been distracted when I shot you a PM. I was missing a few words there ...

When I first tried out the blog I didn't see any way to attach pictures or files. I think I may have had a browser problem because some of the options were garbled together. Now it works great though.
  • BLuKnightBLuKnight Lehi, UT Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Keebler wrote:
    Oh, using the Writer to compose posts :p I highly doubt you can, sorry.

Check it out and play around: http://icrontic.com/forum/blog_post.php?do=newblog

It's very similar to the forum interface because it's made by the same company.

I know that the last thing you want is a feature creep... but wouldn't it be cool if someone could integrate their external blog with Icrontic? Kinda like syndicate the RSS and link it to their Icrontic profile.

Dunno how it'd fit in, but I know I'd love a feature like that. It'd also be fun to scan the headlines of other Icrontic bloggers (who have blogs outside of Icrontic) and read anything that looks interesting.

Keebs, you're doing a great job with the design and maintenance of Icrontic. You sir, ROCK! :rockon: