Wii games backup?

ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
edited January 2009 in Gaming
Hey fellow Icrontic gamers, got a question for ya!

We just got a Wii for Christmas, and I can see that the disks are not going to last with my three little rugrats. Is there a way to backup the disks? ANY way?:crazy:

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Not without violating the DMCA.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Pfft
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    With a modchip it is done easily.

There used to be soft mods that would allow you to run burned games really easily, but I'm not sure if they still work post-updates.

Alternatively there are some guides around the internet that claim they can make backups.
    http://www.ehow.com/how_2053863_backup-wii-games.html
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited January 2009
    easy is a broad term when it comes to actually backing up a game. If you are just getting them off of the various evil places and burning them then the best method is a modchip. However if you want to actually backup your own games then you need to mod your wii and then back the game up in parts to a memory stick and then transfer it in parts and onto your computer and put it back together again.

Alternatively there are a couple very specific brands of optical drive that can read wii-disks and you can back them up directly on your computer. Though as before to play them you still need a modded wii.