Boot Up Issue

edited January 2009 in Hardware
Hi Everyone,

Sorry this is my first time posting so I might not have all the details and will be happy to post it later.

My computer is a Dell 510 and is less then two years old.

It just started acting up today.

It froze up when I was running windows and I did a hard restart. When I restarted there were glitches while it was booting up like little blue vertical lines that and random zeros 0 everywhere. I let it keep booting up and the windows XP start up but when it finished and looked like windows was about to start the monitor went into energy save mode and the computer froze.

I restarted the computer and the glitches were still there (random 0's everywhere and graphical issues) even in BIOS there were graphical issues.

THe computer will boot up into safe mode in windows but will be very slow and unresponsive at times. It also say while it is booting into safe mode
something about a Trivurs

I am thinking this is more of a hardware issue and possibly not a trojan or something.

Any help would be great. I'd rather know if I need to buy a new motherboard or power supply or what exactly without randomly trying to diagnosis it.

Thanks

Comments

• RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited January 2009
    Welcome to Icrontic.

Have you recently installed any new software?

There are also problems prior to logging into windows?

Do you know how to run system restore?

If your having problems prior to logging on to windows then it does sound like a hardware issue? problem is laptop parts are not cheap or easy to install.
  • edited January 2009
    RichD wrote:
    Welcome to Icrontic.

Have you recently installed any new software?

There are also problems prior to logging into windows?

Do you know how to run system restore?

If your having problems prior to logging on to windows then it does sound like a hardware issue? problem is laptop parts are not cheap or easy to install.

It's a dell computer and when I ran the system check (f12 from the boot up screen) it said my video card had an error. Turns out the ram died on my video card so I bought a new one and now it works.

Thanks for the help!
  • RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited January 2009
    Glad you got it sorted.