problem with my dvd rom

nik_desannnik_desann calicut
edited January 2009 in Hardware
guys im having a miserable time with my dvd rom.it just wont read dvds anymore. and theyre not empty dvds either. funny thing is it reads my original game dvds,but it wont read any of my copied ones.

i dont got a clue as to what to do. this problem normally gets fixed when i restart the pc, but now even that doesnt help.

i need to know whats happening here. i mean the dvds i put into my drive show 0 bytes free space as well as used space but they arent empty discs cause when i put em in my friends pc they work.

to top it off my so called friend calls my pc shitty

which frankly upsets me

plz help ... will be forever in your debt

nik

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    Can you read recordable DVDs made on other people's computers?
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited January 2009
    Have you moved your computer around recently?
  • nik_desannnik_desann calicut
    edited January 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    Can you read recordable DVDs made on other people's computers?

i havent tried that out yet . although one of those dvds i got just o[ened up last time i put it in. funny thing is the other dvds i got dont work. whats more this happened after i played starcraft with a disc in the drive for about 40 mmins or so. dont know if that help but just thought that maybe it had something to do with it.

but when i tried the same idea again to get my other stuff to work i got no response.

i aint got a clue as to what to do regrarding this and frankly speaking its a bit upsetting.
  • nik_desannnik_desann calicut
    edited January 2009
    DrLiam wrote:
    Have you moved your computer around recently?

well i havent moved it from room to room or anything but i did change its position a little and by little i mean around 15 cms.