New to FAH, need help

Nitram9857Nitram9857 Auckland NZ
edited January 2009 in Folding@Home
Hi Guys + Girls, just popped in from sunny NZ out here in the Pacific. Good site lots of info and like minded souls. Tell me what is Folding? Or have I really missed it?

Comments

• Nitram9857Nitram9857 Auckland NZ
    edited January 2009
    Dont know about this tho
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    Nitram9857 wrote:
    Hi Guys + Girls, just popped in from sunny NZ out here in the Pacific. Good site lots of info and like minded souls. Tell me what is Folding? Or have I really missed it?

Well, your almost in the right spot. This is home of Team Icrontic.com, the only folding team in the world that sends Stanford their WUs back radiated with badass, but you missed the right board. This is the pub, a sort-of off topic board for us.

Information regarding our team, [EMAIL="F@H"]F@H[/EMAIL], etc. can be found here. Welcome to Icrontic, Team 93, and the pub. :rockon:
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    This is just an overall start. Its pretty much a way for you to help out humanity by doing work for Stanford on how proteins fold or don't fold. There are thousands of people all over the world doing this already. There are three kinds of clients currently. Single core CPU client. SMP, does the same thing as the single core client but uses multiple cores while running a single instance(use this whenever able). GPU2 client that uses your video card to do the same thing that the CPU clients, just on your GPU(Icronitc just published an article on it recently).

Just a quick look at the components you have listed in your profile you might be able to run a SMP client and a GPU2 client, is your processor a quad or dual.

Welcome to the home of Team 93, the home of a lot of swell people.