i need help in choice

edited January 2009 in Hardware
hi people,
i will have about £265 on my b-day and i need a new case because im borrowing the one i got at the moment and gpu and a nice looking cpu cooler

but i dont know what gpu or cpu cooler i would like to get,
i have a choice for the case and antec 902 just come out in the store i use: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/155939
£100 gone if i got that so that leaves me with £165

any ideas?

thanks plz reply:rockon:

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    ASUS Radeon HD 4850:
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/151485

This is a great card and fits well within your budget. As an alternative, this XFX card would be good too. Stock coolers on either will suffice in the case.
  • edited January 2009
    right kl

but i forgot to mention that i would like to go sli in the future because i got a p5n-d unless it can go crossfire? so got any nvidia card in mind?

About the cpu cooler, dicieded not to bother (thanks you saved me money lol)

so £165 about, might be able to shift up a bit

thanks for replying
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    SLI only. The GeForce 9800GT is an excellent card, as is the GeForce GTX 260 if that fits in your budget. I suspect the 9800 is in your range.
  • edited January 2009
    what settings would the 9800gt run on crysis do you know?
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    Depends on your resolution. An overclocked 9800GT can do 60fps at 1024x768 with no AA. At 1920x1200 with 4xAA it drops to 20fps.
  • edited January 2009
    well my resolution is only gunna be 1024x768 for a while so...
    i was at a local gaming shop today (well near enough) and they have 8800gt and it could play crysis top resolution it could go (cant remember the resolution) and all the settings where on top all round other than AA all it was going pretty good so a 9800gt i guess is much better right? but how much differents?
    thanks for all this lol i dont really know much about graphics cards.