Partial Internet Loss

LaynneLaynne Nova Scotia
edited February 2009 in Internet & Media
Hi everyone. I've been reading the forums here off and on for a while, but this is my first post :). Unfortunately, it's because I have a problem. Hopefully this is the correct place to post this. Since yesterday morning, I've had a problem with some programs not being able to connect to the internet. At that time, Windows Live Messenger and Yahoo were able to connect, but messages I sent on Windows Live would not be received, and shortly after I'd get a warning saying my message could not be sent. I could check my email without issue with Thunderbird, and I could connect to World of Warcraft. However, Firefox, Internet Explorer and anything else I tried would not connect. I left it for the day, came back, and had received instant messages so I thought it was just an ISP problem. Everything seemed to be working. About an hour later, the problem came back. I tried unplugging my router and modem to restart them, but this did not help. I'm using a wired connection, and tried unplugging the cable but it did not help. There are 3 other computers using this router, however the others are using a wireless connection. I am the only one having this problem. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks!

Comments

• LaynneLaynne Nova Scotia
    edited February 2009
    I suppose I should be more specific. When I try to use Firefox or IE, I will not actually receive an error. The browser will say it's waiting for a reply from whichever site it may be, but the rest of the page is completely white, even the address bar.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Hello, Laynne, welcome to... er, posting on Icrontic! :)

Try these steps: http://icrontic.com/articles/fixing_winsock