Mouse Grip Styles

edited February 2009 in Gaming
Which way do you grip your mouse?

http://www2.razerzone.com/MouseGuide/html/palmgrip.php

My grip appears to be some sort of fingertip style, but instead of leaving my palm floating in the air I let it rest on my desk.

p2033352ii3.jpg

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    I hold my mouse pretty much exactly the same way you do. My palm never touches the mouse, but I do need to rest it on something if I want to use the mouse comfortably. I also keep my sensitivity very high.
  • edited February 2009
    CB wrote:
    I hold my mouse pretty much exactly the same way you do. My palm never touches the mouse, but I do need to rest it on something if I want to use the mouse comfortably. I also keep my sensitivity very high.

I keep my sensitivity at low-medium with 800dpi, frequent readjustments.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    I bite my mouse and shake my head violently, much like a dog with a chew toy. Surprisingly it works very well.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    I palm my mouse (full palm contact) and use the highest DPI with low sensitivity.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Mixed between palm and claw. My palm physically contacts the mouse, but my fingers are bent so they don't lay along the buttons, they arc so just the fingertips touch.

On second read, that might be 80% claw.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Fingertip method always. I draw constantly all day long with the mouse and when I come home I sometimes game for a few hours. Never do I use another method. I do use a wrist rest now at work since '09 began.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    I use fingertip/palmish. My palm touches on the pads for my pinky and ring finger. A finger on either side of the mouse so I can pick it up and move it if I hit the edge of the pad. I use my wrist for movement, none of this whole arm stuff some of pros say you need to change to.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    I use my fingertips and half of my palm, and let the base of my palm rest on the desk. The base of my palm never moves though, as I use a 4000dpi mouse with med-high sensitivity, so i can get pretty much anywhere I need to be without moving my wrist. I also keep my mouse significantly higher than my keyboard. If I were to estimate, I would say it's about 7-10 inches above and to the right of my keyboard, I just find it more comfortable.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited February 2009
    About half way between claw and palm. Usually control my mouse with thumb and the ring finger on my right hand. My pinky is usually floating and I just use my palm a bit to stabilize it slightly.
  • edited February 2009
    Gate28 wrote:
    I use my fingertips and half of my palm, and let the base of my palm rest on the desk. The base of my palm never moves though, as I use a 4000dpi mouse with med-high sensitivity, so i can get pretty much anywhere I need to be without moving my wrist. I also keep my mouse significantly higher than my keyboard. If I were to estimate, I would say it's about 7-10 inches above and to the right of my keyboard, I just find it more comfortable.

Used to do that before I got my G15, unfortunately the G15 won't fit in a keyboard tray.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    MachineDog wrote:
    Used to do that before I got my G15, unfortunately the G15 won't fit in a keyboard tray.

I did not mean physically above my keyboard, theyre on the same surface. I mean that instead of my mouse and keyboard being right next to each other, the mouse is 7-10 inches closer to the back of my desk than my keyboard is so my right hand is almost straight when I use my mouse. It's the way I've always done it, and it it more comfortable for me than keeping my elbow close to me.
  • edited February 2009
    Gate28 wrote:
    I did not mean physically above my keyboard, theyre on the same surface. I mean that instead of my mouse and keyboard being right next to each other, the mouse is 7-10 inches closer to the back of my desk than my keyboard is so my right hand is almost straight when I use my mouse. It's the way I've always done it, and it it more comfortable for me than keeping my elbow close to me.

You must sit a lot closer to the desk than I do o.o
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    I'm all fingertips all the time. I occasionally rest my palm on a surface if I find I'm doing small/precise movements.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Hmm.. I rest my palm on the mouse, but my fingers are raised so only the fingertips are touching the buttons.. Mostly my hand looks like it's trying to hump my mouse..
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Another half-palm, half-clawer in our midst. That's three of us!
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Palm-ish, with a little fingertip going on.
  • KhaosKhaos New Hampshire
    edited February 2009
    How you grip the mouse is extremely important and directly relates to how good you potentially are at video games and, by extension, how large your e-penis is.

Therefore, I attended a workshop held by F4T4L1TY and he taught me his suparsekrit uber grip of pure pwnage.

Since you guys are all my buddies, I will divulge this suparsekrit here and now:

3253588689_731bc82d4c.jpg

Yes, I click with my palm.

Alright, not really. Mark another down for claw-with-palm-pad.