Finally got around to first OC on my new Media rig

Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy KnobPflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
edited February 2009 in Hardware
Since I built the rig that was the topic of my Holiday HTPC I have made some changes. The DFI P45 Blood Iron board died a miserable death and was replaced with an Asus P5Q Pro. I swapped the Xigmatec HDT-S1284EE with the Xigmatec HDT-S1283 for my CPU cooling because it was 2 deg C cooler under load. And I added another HD4830 graphics card for folding. So the core components are now as follows;
  • Corsair CMPSU-650TX PSU
  • Asus P5Q Pro Motherboard
  • Q9300 Core 2 Quad CPU (4x 2.5)
  • 2 x 2 GB G. Skill PC8500 Memory
  • 2 x Powercolor HD4830 Graphics cards
  • Antec 300 Case w/ 4x 120mm fans + 1x 160mm fan

I set the multi to 6 and set the FSB:RAM to 1:1 and was able to get it to 538 with the voltage set to 1.45. Then I set the multi back to the stock 7.5 and went for broke by starting @ 400 to yield an even 3.0 GHz on the first try. Then I upped it in increments of 15 till I got to 460. With the voltage still set @ 1.45 I upped it 5 more to get 465 FSB and had to call it a day so I ran SMP and 2x GPU2 to see how it would fair. 4 hours later it is still running fine and all temps look good. So far I have not played with anything other than the FSB and setting the divider to 1:1.

attachment.php?attachmentid=26703&stc=1&d=1233792135

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Time to SuperPi it!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    moar
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    moar

I intend to get a bit moa out of it! :) I don't want to loose too much production in one day while playing. ;)

PS:
    I haven't OC'ed in about 4 years! :hair:
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    A little more tinkering has me up to 480 x 7.5 = 3600 @ 1.5v. Working on memory timings to smooth out some wrinkles and will post a screenie later. Think I may have come close to topping out with temps. :(